We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mustek Metro Station - Accessiblity

London, United...
Level Contributor
209 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Mustek Metro Station - Accessiblity

Hi everyone,

Random question I know but I hope you can help. My family and I are staying in the Vyserhad area and we will be getting the metro into the city most days. To get to the main action including Old Town Square and the Castle, this will involve us changing metro lines at Mustek.

My father in law who I will be travelling with, is not able to walk long distances or do stairs that well.

Does anyone know that when you change lines at Mustek station, does this involve going up and down steps, or walking long distances? Are their lifts/escalators if so.

Also at the other main stations like Staromestrka and Namesti Republiky do they have lots of steps?

Thanks

Matthew

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
38,339 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mustek Metro Station - Accessiblity

I don't know where you are staying in Vysehrad - but the only 'close' metro stop is Karlovo namesti - why don't you just take a tram. Mustek is one of my least favourite places.

If you are coming on line C from say Prazskeho povstani, then you would change at Museum. Line C runs closer to the surface so to change to line A you would take escalators down......

www.pragueexperience.com/maps/metro.asp

Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,952 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mustek Metro Station - Accessiblity

Check this site out .

www.prague.net/prague-disabled-mobility

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,375 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mustek Metro Station - Accessiblity

www.prague.net/prague-disabled-mobility

this will give you a bit of info on accessabilty in the Metro ,generally it is pretty good but at some of the interchnge stations there can be a bit of a walk between the various lines.

the trams a pretty good though sometimes a bit difficult fro getting on and off the older ones,but people always seem to be willing to give a helping hand.the newer trams have low level entry and are much easier to get on and off.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,375 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mustek Metro Station - Accessiblity

Posting at the same time Torii.

but at least we are singing from the same hymn sheet.

London, United...
Level Contributor
209 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mustek Metro Station - Accessiblity

We are staying at the Corinithia Towers Hotel which is right outside Vysehrad metro station, so would be silly not to use it. Hence why we would then have to change at Mustek I believe?

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
535 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Mustek Metro Station - Accessiblity

Right, Corinthian Towers sits right above the Vysehrad metro station (red line). You'd transfer at Muzeum, not Mustek.

To get to the castle you'd either get off at the IP Pavlova metro stop, go to the surface and take the 22 tram. There is a short escalator up from the platform lvel. Or you could go to the Muzeum stop, transfer to the green line and go up to Hradchanska, but there's an additional tram/walk at that point.

Old Town Square is a little less accessible...could transfer at Muzeum to the green line and get off at Staromestska...a block or two away from the square.

Muzeum and Vysehrad are accessible (elevators at Muzuem), but Mustek is not, Hradchaska is not.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
38,339 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mustek Metro Station - Accessiblity

So now that we know where you are staying...to get to the castle,take the metro at Vysehrad change at Museum, short walk and escalators down, to Malostranska - escalators up, and then in front of the station, take tram 22 for 2 stops to the back of the castle.

London, United...
Level Contributor
209 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mustek Metro Station - Accessiblity

Sorry for the confusion - I was getting the stations in a muddle.

Regarding the trams, I like the idea of using them, but are they easy to use for people who dont speak the language? e.g. where do you buy tickets from? Do you just buy single journeys? Do you have to validate your ticket when you get on etc...?

Thank you.

London, United...
Level Contributor
209 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mustek Metro Station - Accessiblity

Does Staromestska, the stop for old town square, have escalators or lifts? Thanks

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
535 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Mustek Metro Station - Accessiblity

No need to change metro lines and then get on the 22...just take the red line one stop to IP Pavlova and get on the 22.

If you buy a transit pass (1, 3 or 5 day), it needs to be validated just one time and then it will be good for the amount of time after that.

If you buy single tickets for 26Kc (available in every metro station, some tram stops, and tabak stores across from tram stops), you validate it at the beginning of a journey, but it is good for 75 minutes across all transit. So for example, buy a ticket at the Vysehrad metro station, validate it at the station (yellow bow with lighted arrow), get on the metro, take it to your stop, get off, walk outside, get on a tram...get on a bus, transfer...whatever. It's good for 75 minutes from the time you validated it.