We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel: King's Court, Hilton Old Town, or Hotel General??

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
83 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel: King's Court, Hilton Old Town, or Hotel General??

I'm in the very early stages of planning a 5 day trip to Prague for next November. I believe I've narrowed the hotel selection to these 3 options...with King's Court being the front runner. Anyone think that one of these other hotels deserves further consideraton before I take the plunge??. Thanks so much in advance...

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel: King's Court, Hilton Old Town, or Hotel General??

better than kings court ( really new and without history ) you can choose hotel paris, just close to it, the only one liberty in prague, old and beautiful.

i'd suggest you to consider hotel alchymist or residence nosticova in mala strana, you'll love that side of the town.

anyway, hilton old town is better than general, then you can consider also kempinsky or k+k

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
83 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel: King's Court, Hilton Old Town, or Hotel General??

Thanks, asteriks74! My "short list" was mainly based on guest reviews from various sites but I'm never certain that these always provide an entirely accurate picture so I greatly appreciate your input. I'll take some time to research these other hotels you mentiond. Thanks again...

Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,954 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel: King's Court, Hilton Old Town, or Hotel General??

I am staying at the Liberty next month ..think its my 4th or 5th time ..

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
7,387 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel: King's Court, Hilton Old Town, or Hotel General??

Liberty discounts heavily; see all the specials . You could also call direct to see if you can get lower rate...On Frommer's Forum, several people reported getting doubles for 50 Euros last November.

http://www.hotelliberty.cz/Special_offer.htm

http://www.hotelliberty.cz/Book_online_en.htm

Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Prague
Level Contributor
2,286 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel: King's Court, Hilton Old Town, or Hotel General??

Kings Court. I can't understand how the General got even close to these other two...

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
83 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel: King's Court, Hilton Old Town, or Hotel General??

Thank you, all! Great input...I'll factor your suggestions into my choice.

Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,954 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel: King's Court, Hilton Old Town, or Hotel General??

Yes there are some good deals to be had at the Liberty considering it is a boutique hotel in a great location ,not one of these back street hotels within yards of Irish pubs..You have to be so careful when you dont know the area .

Let us know where you decide on .

8. Re: Hotel: King's Court, Hilton Old Town, or Hotel General??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 November 2011, 15:35
9. Re: Hotel: King's Court, Hilton Old Town, or Hotel General??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 November 2011, 15:35
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
38,645 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel: King's Court, Hilton Old Town, or Hotel General??

As it happens.....did not want to go anyway...hate the place, BA cancelled the flight at last moment..weather or something