We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help on Tram Ticket

Singapore
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Topic
Help on Tram Ticket

Hi

I intend to take a tram to Prague Castle from my hotel and it requires a transfer of tram from tram #9 to tram#22.

Appreciate if anyone can advise:

(1) Are there ticket vending machines at tram stop that I can purchase ticket? If so, are there English instruction?

(2) As I need to transfer tram, does it means that I have to validate the same ticket twice, i.e once when I board tram#9 and then once when I board tram#22?

Help on the above is much appreciated.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,292 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help on Tram Ticket

you only need stamp the ticket once.

you should be able to get Transport tickets at your hotel or as you are near the train station their is a booth beside the steps to the metro that sells them or the Relay shop just opposite there..

a 26 kc ticket should be fine,but might be worth buying a couple if you are going to use the trams in the reverse direction.

a 100kc ticket is valid for 24 hours and is also worth considering.

there are also ticket machines in the Train staion with English instruction but you may need change,you can get that from a change machine in the Left Luggage area

Edited: 21 January 2011, 15:51
Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,952 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help on Tram Ticket

http://czech-transport.com/index.php?id=156

There's a short video showing how to buy tickets , validate them, check the maps, etc at the bottom .

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,743 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help on Tram Ticket

Its really easy

Even I can do it but I did initally have a problem with my first ticket as I was at the wrong booth and it was actually a record shop I queued at

Paris,France
Level Contributor
186 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help on Tram Ticket

Hi,

On the vending machine, select the price you want to pay (depending on the maximum time of the trip).

If you want several tickets, just push the button as many times as desired tickets.

From the castle, you can walk to Charles Bridge. This is not far.

Singapore
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Help on Tram Ticket

Hi all

Thanks for the great help.

Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,952 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help on Tram Ticket

Our pleasure ..enjoy your trip .

Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Prague
Level Contributor
2,277 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help on Tram Ticket

almost all hotels sell the single journey CZK 26.00 tickets

8. Re: Help on Tram Ticket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2012, 09:16