We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

prague salzburg by night train

Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
prague salzburg by night train

Hello,

We will be in Prague in the morning of June 26 and our intention is to stay over night in Prague, and next night, on June 27 to go by train to Salzburg for two days. We booked hotel in Vienn for 3 nights and then we will go back home from Vienn by air. Can any one help with advice regarding overnight train Prague to Salzburg? Thanks for your help

AVA

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,949 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: prague salzburg by night train

There is no such train - (well, there is but you would definitely not want to take it)

For timetable see

jizdnirady.idnes.cz/vlakyautobusy/spojeni/

for english click english flag bottom right

Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: prague salzburg by night train

Thank you very much, but i couldn't find the train you are talking about. The only trains I have found were at 5:10 and 9:00 in the morning. The problem is that we really want to save on sleaping in Prague one more night, and lose 1/2 day in Salzburg. Since I couldn't find that train, I cannot weight the problem against our plan. Thank you once again for your help.

AVA

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
422 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: prague salzburg by night train

This train doesn't operate any more. Your best might be to sleep in a night train to Vienna, and to go to Salzburg in the morning from there.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,949 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: prague salzburg by night train

I am sorry, that was not a serious suggestion that's why I did not elaborate - you could travel overnight with a number of changes, and a couple of hours waiting in Passau..........overall time 13 hours -

Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: prague salzburg by night train

Thank you very much, the problem is that we have flights to go home from Vienn and also we booked the last 3 nights before flying back from Vienn. Actually, we didn't pay yet the hotel. Our plan is to leave Bucharest by air to Prague, or in this case to Vienn (since there is no night train to Salzburg from Prague) and change the route: Vienn-Salzburg-Prague-Vienn since we have no other choice. Your information was valuable about no night train, since we were almost ready to buy air tickets to Prague. Many thanks for your time to reply.

6. Re: prague salzburg by night train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 01:18