We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FAO Anyone with a weather question

Belfast
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Topic
FAO Anyone with a weather question

I stumbled onto, and subsequently forgot about, and today remembered about, a very handy resource for checking out historical weather conditions. Lets say you're going on holiday (in this instance, to Prague) in June this year, you can easily look up what the weather was like on any given day or week in June last year, which in theory will give you a very good idea what it's going to be like again this year. (global warming aside...)

The website is here: wunderground.com/global/stations/11518.html , and shows the Prague weather for today. If you scroll down and look to the left, at the 'History and Almanac' box, simply put in the time of year you want to see for last year (or any of the last 15 years or so), and click on view; and then you can view the daily, weekly, or monthly views, which as I say in theory should give you a good indication of what the weather should be like for your holiday in this current year.

Hopefully people find this as helpful as I did.

Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,967 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: FAO Anyone with a weather question

Its a great site and we often refer to it on here ..

www.tripadvisor.co.uk/SearchForums…

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
40,460 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: FAO Anyone with a weather question

It's a good website. But for current conditions I always use this czech website

http://pocasi.idnes.cz/

Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Prague
Level Contributor
2,330 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: FAO Anyone with a weather question

to be honest I don't bother anymore, they never get it right, last week they promised a warmish end of this week and it was - 14 this morning. Not one weather site forecasts the same. I will be happy when it gets to 0!

4. Re: FAO Anyone with a weather question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 21:16