We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Czech dinner and music

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Czech dinner and music

Is it worth paying 40 euro for a typical Czech meal which includes folklore music from different parts of the country.

I will be staying in BARCELO PRAHA NA STRZI 32 PRAGA 4 14000. Is there anyplace near this hotel that offers similar CZECH MEAL and what is the cost?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,755 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Czech dinner and music

http://www.folkloregarden.cz/

www.pragueexperience.com/places.asp…

I have been to both these d value,meal,entertainment,all your drink and transport to and from the place for about £40 not too bad at all.

OK this is not authentic czech folk music/dancing more tourist orientated but still a good fun evening so no complaints from me.

As a cheaper alternative you could try this place.

http://www.pastyrka.cz/en/

when i was there a small band played Gypsy style music,very nice but not the same entertainment value the other two trips offerd,but food and service was very good

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
758 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Czech dinner and music

Hi! I've been in Patyrka a few times already and what I like the most about that place is that they prepare meat on an open-air fire in the middle of the room. It's rather a Slovak style folklore restaurant than Czech style and Gypsy "cimbalova" music is quite appealing I would say. I've been resistant to the Folklore garden so far. I think that if you want to experience an authentic folklore event, you have to leave Prague....

If you would like to see some ethnographical exhibition about Czech folklore traditions, visit Musaion situated in Kinskeho garden at Smichov quarter.

http://www.nm.cz/expozice-detail.php?f_id=78

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Czech dinner and music

THANKS FOR your reply. It is indeed helpful.

California
Level Contributor
1,166 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Czech dinner and music

Is Patyryka near a Metro? Is it in a safe neighbourhood?

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
758 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Czech dinner and music

The restaurant Pastyrka is situated near the namesti bratri Synku, Prague 4. The nearest metro station is I.P.Pavlova (fairly central location within Prague), then you can either walk down the hill for about 20-30minutes, or you can take a tram nr. 11 from I.P.Pavlova for 3 stops (get off at Nuselske schody). Then walk down the hill for about 2-3 min. The restaurant will be on your right-hand side.

It looks complicated but it is definitely a walkable distance even from Muzeum metro stop (at the top of Wenceslass Square). I've taken this journey by foot for several times. I think the location is ok, you'll basically walk along a main but not extremely busy road called Belohradska.

Fingers crossed.

M.

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
30,281 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Czech dinner and music

Don't worry about safety - this is not the US :) Just watch out for the trams when crossing the road, but they generally let you know they are coming.

Edited: 11 March 2011, 16:50
U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,839 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Czech dinner and music

Yep, go for it. Pastyrka was a really nice night when we went, best night of our visit. Gypsy music but high quality musicians. Food very good, order from the grill.

Don't worry about the initial first appearance, it looks nothing, you have to go around the back, it's got a grotty look outside but the interior is very nice. Nice service and staff in our past experience, good wine list, prices reasonable, it won't cost you EUR40!

Stoofer

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Czech dinner and music

how much would it cost? I would be interested if can save me some money... as currently the exchange rate for EURO is very high...

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,755 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Czech dinner and music

If you mean Pastyrka than you should easily get a meal and a few drinks for under 500czk per person and possibly a good bit cheaper depending what you are eating and drinking.

http://www.pastyrka.cz/en/

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Czech dinner and music

I will be in Prague from June 14 to June 16. May i know what time the shops close? Also any places of interest near this hotel? I can only speak English, would it be a problem taking the METRO? Is it safe for 2 ladies to be walking around after dinner? What time does it get dark in June?

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic