We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AAA Taxi from Airport to Hotel

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Miami, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
5,340 posts
122 reviews
Save Topic
AAA Taxi from Airport to Hotel

Greetings:

Just want to confirm that I will be fine using taxi from airport to hotel. A company called AAA has been recommended to me. Besides negotiating rate up front, any other suggestions?...is it safe paying them by and/or do they accept credit card??....I do not have Czech currency on me--do you suggest I convert US $ for Czech money at the airport?....I understand there are companies whom you can make advanced reservations with that will meet you at the airport but I have done this in other cities and, at best, have had mixed results with them being at the airport when I arrive and/or finding them.

Thanks

Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,938 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AAA Taxi from Airport to Hotel

There are plenty of warnings on here advising you not to change money at the airport as the exchange rate is unreal ..Use ATMs in arrival hall .

A company recommended on here with good reviews for pre booking a taxi

is

http://www.prague-airport-shuttle.com/

but If you use AAA do what you have been advised and negotiate a rate .

UK
Level Contributor
36 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AAA Taxi from Airport to Hotel

We used David's services. Speaks good English and no hassles. Cost us 550 Crowns. About 20 British pounds.

PragueAirport-Transfer.com

tel: 00420 725 049 100

We tried the Cash Machines and they are the best to get very good exhange rates. Get czech currency as soon as you reach Prague airport.

That is the only currency that works well. Anything else - you will loose out on exchange. Never change on the roads - you will be approached by many!

Ravi

California
Level Contributor
320 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AAA Taxi from Airport to Hotel

I used Prague Airport Shuttle - and they were excellent. Arranged the transfers on line, paid them in US Dollars when I was dropped off at my location. Punctual and pleasant to use. I would most definitely use them again! As far as finding them is concerned, they instructed me to exit the arrivals hall - make a left and someone would be standing under the green Holiday Inn sign with my name on a board. Sure enough he was there!

cumbria
Level Contributor
97 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: AAA Taxi from Airport to Hotel

just returned from prague and used these taxis they were very good and a good price and you get a discount voucher for your return trip which was a very good saveing

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: AAA Taxi from Airport to Hotel

I had booked Prague airport shuttle but they didn't show and rejected phone calls. Were forced to use AAA taxis and they were great. Worked out 500 Kr cheaper than shuttle over return trip.

Edited: 21 May 2011, 20:45
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,315 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: AAA Taxi from Airport to Hotel

beermatt73-can you be more specific - how did you save 500 crowns and which airport shuttle did you use

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: AAA Taxi from Airport to Hotel

www.prague-airport-shuttle.com let me down so we used AAA taxis. The shuttle would have cost 1100 kr return, the taxi was 400 kr one way then discount return at 200 kr saving 500 although I did tip 100 so actual save was 400 kr.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,315 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: AAA Taxi from Airport to Hotel

OK, and roughly where did you stay in Prague?

Edited: 21 May 2011, 22:47
Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Prague
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: AAA Taxi from Airport to Hotel

CAVEAT LEKTOR: I own www.prague-airport-shuttle.com

Mr beermatt, I am sorry we let you down, may I ask when this happened please?

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: AAA Taxi from Airport to Hotel

It was Wed 11th May, I have emailed you since arriving home.