We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to leave bags and shower before night train

Orlando, Florida
14 posts
Save Topic
Place to leave bags and shower before night train

My husband and I are coming in to Prague from Berlin and would like to drop off our bags somewhere secure for the day and have a shower in the evening before boarding the night train to Vienna. We read that the train station is not safe to use lockers and the left luggage area is unreliable for late night pick up. I don't need a room but a place to stash the bags securely and shower up before the train. Any help would be great.

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
535 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Place to leave bags and shower before night train

The station and lockers are perfectly safe. Where did you read this?

As far as shower...no idea other than maybe trying to get a day rate at a hotel or going to a gym/bath kind of thing.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,965 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Place to leave bags and shower before night train

there are lockers in the main train station Hlavni,cost 60Czk for 24hrs,we managed to get 2 large bags in one last week.This is a newly built area and is secure,think it closes between11.00pm and 5.00am though. There may be showers ther too but not sure about that,I am sure I have seen signs for them,the whole train station has under gone a major refurbishment and is much much nicer than it used to be,lots of shops and places to eat there.

Orlando, Florida
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Place to leave bags and shower before night train

Several travel sites stated that the lockers were not secure. Maybe it has changed?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,965 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Place to leave bags and shower before night train

probably well out of date.The place is quite nice.I visit Prague several times a year (20th of may was when i last left there)I have seen the station go form being a fairly unpleasnat place to a very nice clean ,modern,safe transport hub.

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
535 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Place to leave bags and shower before night train

What websites, out of curiosity? That's a new one for me.

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
535 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Place to leave bags and shower before night train

And yes, gus is right, the train station does have showers (sprchy). Never noticed that before.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,965 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Place to leave bags and shower before night train

I was in the station several time last week,well every day actually using the trains or the metro so had a good look around,where the showers are I have no idea,just thought I seen a sign up for them.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,949 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Place to leave bags and shower before night train

When you are in the main hall - just before the ticket office - look for 'toilet' sign - new block of toilets also includes showers.

Easy to find, but if in doubt, ask any railways employee or pop into the Information centre.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
29,058 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Place to leave bags and shower before night train

You would need some weapons-grade explosives to get into those lockers. Take all these doom and gloom stories with a big pinch of salt - this is generally a civilised part of the world, and you would have to try quite hard for anything to happen to you or your belongings :)

Orlando, Florida
14 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Place to leave bags and shower before night train

Thank you all. That's just what I needed.