We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Citbank machine at Main train station

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
1,002 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Citbank machine at Main train station

I used the Citibank machine at the Main train station instead of the banks as suggested by the experts only because some guy on the train told me there wasn't any ATM so I freaked out and took money at the first "ATM" machine I found.

There was NO line up there. When I inserted my debit card in the machine, it asked me if I wanted to withdraw money from " current" , "savings" or "credit". As I have a checking account and none of the 3 choices were given, I chose "current" . Does anyone know if I actually took money as a debit card transaction or is it considered a "cash advance".

There was NO mention of a fee being charged for transaction.

Thanks in Advance.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,353 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Citbank machine at Main train station

If this was my account, this would be a normal debit card transaction.

Not cash advance.

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
535 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Citbank machine at Main train station

current = 'checking'

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,353 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Citbank machine at Main train station

ahh, that's what you call it...we call it current account

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,409 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Citbank machine at Main train station

Don't believe everything 'some guy on the train' tells you (and that includes the likes of Rick Steves) :) In this part of the world expect to find all the facilities that you would in any other civilized Western nation.

5. Re: Citbank machine at Main train station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2012, 07:17