We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Hotel in Stare Mesto

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NJF
Florida
Level Contributor
129 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Best Hotel in Stare Mesto

Hi all! My husband and I are planning a 40 th anniv ( I know, really ! to the same person!!) and we want to visit Prague, as well as St. Petersburg and Bruges. We want to stay in 4-5 star places as it is such a speacial occasion.

Any suggestions of a beautiful hotel ,in any of these cities would be appreciated- I felt we should stay in the " Old town" as that area would be the historical areas and center of the major things to see in all 3 cities. Please let me know if I am right- we want it to be romantic and magical and easy to walk and navigate

What do you think?

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
951 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Hotel in Stare Mesto

It's just like reading my thoughts about a year ago..For all these, i chose this hotel: http://www.hotel-imperial.cz/ .The place is exceptional.I can't really think you will go wrong!Have a great time!(I cannot recommend anything about the other cities since i haven't been there!)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
319 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Hotel in Stare Mesto

Just to play devil's advocate, and throw something else in, but this is what I've found about several Old Town's, Including Quebec, New Mexico, Montreal, Barcelona, etc.: They are lovely to look at. Breathtaking. But they are often tourist central, meaning they are filled with tourist shops and expensive, yet bad, restaurants catering to tourists. Brugges is lovely--it's all historic and old, but I wouldn't try to stay in the center. You'll find better restaurants off the beaten path, which cater to locals. There is plenty of beauty without being crushed by tourists in the center. I have not been to Prague yet. Old Town Prague sounds lovely, but again, I'm not staying right in the center. I only mention this to help, disregard if you disagree.

NJF
Florida
Level Contributor
129 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Hotel in Stare Mesto

Thank you for the info- however, that hotel is very expensive! How about the second best hotel!! We are looking to go in Oct next yr so hopefully that time of yr will be less expensive...?

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
951 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Hotel in Stare Mesto

NJF,i booked it about 6 months in advance and got a great rate!However,you didn't mention your budget per night.It will help others to make the right suggestions.As for location,you can choose either Old Town or Mala Strana.Both are very charming!

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
758 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Hotel in Stare Mesto

Hi! My clients have a great experience with a family run hotel Hastal situated in the Old Town, off the beaten tourist path. The location is quiet and lovely, it is just 5min walk to the Old Town Square. Enjoy your stay in Prague! :-) M.

www.hotelhastalprague.com/cs/…

Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Prague
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Hotel in Stare Mesto

I agree Hastal has good reviews from my clients too!

Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,938 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Hotel in Stare Mesto

I have stayed in the Hastal ,it is basic but clean and in a fantastic location.

NJF
Florida
Level Contributor
129 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Hotel in Stare Mesto

Thanks Greg....I like your palm trees- looks like where I live- only I think you might be near Greece? Anyway, my budget is about $200 US/night. And you're right, maybe there are better deals the closer you get- plus the rates oon the web are the rack rates and maybe if I contact hotels directly I can get a better rate....hoping anyway!

NJF
Florida
Level Contributor
129 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Hotel in Stare Mesto

The Hastal sounds lovely- If you think of anywhere else in Prague or St Petersburg, Russia or Bruges,Belguim, please pass it along :)

Thank you all for her help!

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
951 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Hotel in Stare Mesto

I booked directly with the hotel via e-mail.I have always found that this works better than any other way!I am not near Greece....I live in Greece!!Anyway, i hope you have a great time in all of these places!You will love Prague(as i did!)