We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Prague Cheap? Is nightlife good? Stag Party ;-)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Is Prague Cheap? Is nightlife good? Stag Party ;-)

Hi 6 lads coming to prague on Friday. There are so many conflicting reports as to whether Prague is reasonable or not in terms of price. I keep hearing 'Old Town' is touristy, so the prices exceed typical UK prices.

Can somebody set the record straight? Are beer/spirits cheap in prague within bars/nightclubs? Is the nightlife (clubbing-wise) any good? How much would a meal set you back?

We plan to drink in the hotel obviously. Would you advise to get spirits bottles from UK duty free or buy from a shop there, based on price?

By the we are staying at Hotel Globus, which I believe to be 15 minutes by Metro.

Any things we should certainly go and see?

All help greatly appreciated :-)

Mentioned in this post
Friday Hotel Prague
Friday Hotel Prague
792 Reviews
Prague, Czech Republic
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Prague
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Prague Cheap? Is nightlife good? Stag Party ;-)

why drink in the hotel?

Berwick-upon-Tweed...
Level Contributor
401 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Prague Cheap? Is nightlife good? Stag Party ;-)

Drink in the hotel?Are you mad?

Plenty great ale houses where you can get an ale for no more than £1.50.....just please don't go to the Irish bars or the George and the Dragon!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Prague Cheap? Is nightlife good? Stag Party ;-)

Only some of the drinking in the hotel room ;-)

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
23,122 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Prague Cheap? Is nightlife good? Stag Party ;-)

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g274707-i96-k449…

have a look at this recent thread it will give you soem idea of prices.

stay away from the big toursut spots and prices will be cheaper,go to the Irish bars and night clubs prices will be more expensive.in my experience in the vast majority of places beer will be a great deal cheaper than any similar place in the Uk and taste far far better.

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
535 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Prague Cheap? Is nightlife good? Stag Party ;-)

Yeah but the local places aren't into stag parties.

6. Re: Is Prague Cheap? Is nightlife good? Stag Party ;-)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 18:17