We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me choose please between these two hotels

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
449 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Help me choose please between these two hotels

Hi all! I know these hotel questions can get tedious and there are lots of reviews out there, but please humor me...

I booked our honeymoon hotel at the Golden Well for January. (I love Prague in January!)- Anyway, I am getting kind of disturbed by a few of the bad reviews lately with statements about claustrophobic rooms, things not working, and overall not really feeling like a true 5*.

We want this honeymoon to be perfect of course (which I know is not all reliant upon the hotel, but still...) and now I'm considering switching to the Mandarin Oriental.

We preferred the Golden Well initially for the jacuzzi tub and also the more classic feel- the Mandarin has a more modern touch which really isn't "us." However Mandarin has great reviews and is located in Mala Strana where we want to be.

Our priorities are great service and charming atmosphere. They are both in Mala Strana so location isn't an issue.

What do you all think?

Thanks in advance...

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
34,841 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help me choose please between these two hotels

You are talking about the last two reviews - I think I would ignore both

The second one - dramatic headline about badly misrepresented bedroom - because of the windows? Probably upset because they wanted a free upgrade to a suite and they did not get it.

And the first one - not very credible either, it is a historic building and if you opt for an attic room, you will get sloping roofs.........the rest just a general gripe.

I would like to see a management response to those two.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
449 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help me choose please between these two hotels

Good point! Most likely I'll stay with Golden Well because it just seems overall more charming.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
34,841 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help me choose please between these two hotels

I am sure you will like it there, I only wish I could afford it:))

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
449 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help me choose please between these two hotels

:) We got a really good rate for January- probably because it's low season. But yes we wanted to splurge for our honeymoon.

I definitely want to have some fun traveling before the kids come along...:-/

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help me choose please between these two hotels

Hi,

consider also the new opened Alchymist Castle suites very close to teh Golden Well, it's a new luxury concept with 8 big apartments and also teh Alchymist Grand Hotel, check their websites or just have a look when you'll be in Prague.

enjoy your honeymoon!!! :)

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
449 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help me choose please between these two hotels

Hello! thanks for your tip. :) i actually stayed in nosticova once but i don't really like the decor of those hotels. They had very nice service though and a great location.

ive done lots of research and narrowed it down to golden well or mandarin.

but thanks! :)

Miami, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
5,289 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help me choose please between these two hotels

I'm sure you will enjoy the Aria......on my visit last month (not as a hotel guest) I also checked out the Augustine which is in Mala Strana and was awesome as well. Certainly stop by there for a drink.

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,280 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help me choose please between these two hotels

Regarding reviews - We had the same problem for every hotel we checked out for our forthcoming Prague vacation. All the hotels rated 8 and over on booking.;com had consistently good reviews . There were a few with , for me , ridiculous critical remarks but still giving a good overall review. Then you get a couple who criticise practically everything - the hotel is noisy, smelly, bad service, lousy breakfast, hotel cheats on exchange rates and taxi calls, dodgy area, a/c, bathrooms , towels.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
449 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help me choose please between these two hotels

That is so true hat776. I think I'm getting too nit-picky.

Im just going to keep my golden well reservation and decide between room 35 or room 32. either way im sure itll be nice. :)

10. Re: Help me choose please between these two hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 18:16