We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To buy Air Fare- Kayak or trip Advisor frm PRG to AMSterdam

NJF
Florida
Level Contributor
132 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
To buy Air Fare- Kayak or trip Advisor frm PRG to AMSterdam

Hi all- I am so confused- we want to fly from Prague to Amsterdam and I have put the info into Kayak. com and it gave me flights on Czech Air and then on Trip advisor- gave me the same flts but for less and then I see they work w/ One Travel, which is trashed all over the internet as BAD!!!

Who can I trust? When you go to Czech Air, their prices are crazy!!!

We aren't going until May so I know it is early, but do the prices go down in the winter or should we buy now?

Any help would be great!!!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,258 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: To buy Air Fare- Kayak or trip Advisor frm PRG to AMSterdam

Trip Advosor is not a booking agency and just links you to other agencies.

I woould suggest you look at the airlines that fly between both places and book direct with them.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
951 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: To buy Air Fare- Kayak or trip Advisor frm PRG to AMSterdam

My suggestion:It's too early to book the tickets.Wait until easyjet release their summer schedule and and then go for it.I think this will be done towards the end of the year.. www.easyjet.com/asp/en/book/index.asp?lang=en

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
29,451 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: To buy Air Fare- Kayak or trip Advisor frm PRG to AMSterdam

Definitely Easyjet if you want to fly, but it is far too early to start thinking about that. However the train is possibly a better alternative - cheaper, less stressful and more comfortable, plus you save on a hotel room for the night and it takes you from centre to centre - no faffing about getting to and from airports, waiting around, etc. Again too early, but look at www.bahn.de nearer the time - I believe tickets become available 92 days before travel.

Edited: 15 July 2011, 11:14
NJF
Florida
Level Contributor
132 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: To buy Air Fare- Kayak or trip Advisor frm PRG to AMSterdam

Thank you!-

We're taking the train from AMS to Bruges,then on to Paris, but we don't want to sleep on board over night- the flight is 1 1/2 hrs and w/ limited time, it's worth it...I hope!

I'll check out easyjet.

Has anyone used Onetravel?

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
29,451 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: To buy Air Fare- Kayak or trip Advisor frm PRG to AMSterdam

The flight itself may be 1 1/2 hours, but the entire process of getting to and from airports, checking in, reclaiming baggage, etc takes more like 6 in total ... also the associated expenses ... currently the flight to Amsterdam is in the afternoon, so after checking out from hotel you would lose most of a day.

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: To buy Air Fare- Kayak or trip Advisor frm PRG to AMSterdam

Easyjet cost us $60 each including tax and 1 piece of checked luggage each. Priceline name your own price 4 star hotel room in Amsterdam is about $85. So, no real cost savings to take the train. With limited time, we chose to go the faster route.

NJF
Florida
Level Contributor
132 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: To buy Air Fare- Kayak or trip Advisor frm PRG to AMSterdam

Thank you Maryland! did you get your tickets in the states on easyjet.com? $60 is AMAZING! we are talking from Prague to Amsterdam, right? the cheapest I've found had been about $250 incl all taxes on CzechAir trhough Kayak.com! How far in advance did you buy- we are going in May,2012

Looking forward to your reply!

P.S. - Thanks for agreeing about the amount of time -We're too old to go overnight and sleep in a train anymore!

NJF

,Fl,USA

Quainton, United...
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
8,438 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: To buy Air Fare- Kayak or trip Advisor frm PRG to AMSterdam

For the record, the excellent City Night Line sleeper train leaves central Prague, a short stroll from most hotels, at 18:31. There is zero check-in required. It arrives in Amsterdam Centraal, right in the heart of the city, a short stroll to most hotels, at 09:30 next morning.

So if your evening flight requires you to leave Prague city centre earlier than 18:30, flying is losing you sightseeing time. Or if its a morning flight, if it gets you into central Amsterdam after 09:30 it's losing you time! If time is short, take the sleeper train!

The fare starts at 49 euros in a couchette or 79 euros in a 2 bed sleeper.

Too old to sleep in a train in a comfy civilised 2 bed sleeper, opening a bottle of wine as the sun sets over the scenic Elbe river valley between Prague & Dresden as the night express swishes along the rails? No way!

Too old for all that running around to and from airports, standing in line for security checks, hurtling about in a flimsy aluminium tube, maybe!

Edited: 16 July 2011, 17:30
Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
29,451 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: To buy Air Fare- Kayak or trip Advisor frm PRG to AMSterdam

I can't add any more to that - it is like going to bed and waking up in your destination. A no-brainer as far as I'm concerned, but some people may enjoy the hassle involved with flying ...

NJF - it'll cost you more than $60 to get to and from the airports ...

NJF
Florida
Level Contributor
132 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: To buy Air Fare- Kayak or trip Advisor frm PRG to AMSterdam

WIne and a sunset................doesn't sound bad!

thank you all.

happy travelling