We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Question (Another..!!)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Question (Another..!!)

Hello, I have looked through the previous posts on this forum and haven't found one that fits so I thought why not ask!

I am travelling to Prague with my partner in December and would like to suprise him one night with a special, memorable meal. Whilst I do not want cost to be an issue, I also do not want to overpay!

I have so far investigated Bellevue and Sarah Bernhardt with both menus looking appealing. The atmosphere and location is just as important as the food to us as a couple.

I guess my main question is - will either of these restaurants be worth the £150+ I would be looking at spending and if not is there somewhere that money would be better spent or somewhere I could get the same standard food for less?

We are staying at Savic Hotel but I do not mind where the restaurant is located. I really appreciate any responses as I feel a bit lost trying to plan this as it is a lot of money to me.

Thank you in advance.

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Question (Another..!!)

Bellevue has a good reputation and gets consistently better reviews (especially from the more experienced regular contributors on this site). But I haven't personally eaten at either in several years.

La Degustation (classy but no views) and U Zlate Studne (has the best views) both get rave reviews and are higher rated, but I haven't been to either and are may be above the budget you mentioned with wine.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,043 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Question (Another..!!)

You might have a hard time staying under GBP 150, but La Degustation is my favorite.

London, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Question (Another..!!)

I really like Sahara Cafe in Prague 2. Great food, great place :-)

http://www.saharacafe.com/?lang=en

Also Cafe Savoy is pretty nice, great late breakfast experience. Best to be there before 10h30 as it's very popular.

http://www.ambi.cz/index_eng.php

Stenhousemuir...
Level Contributor
593 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant Question (Another..!!)

I loved the Palffy Palace. I was there just a couple of weeks ago. Fine dining in a beautiful setting, and excellent service.

Perfect for a special occasion.

As above, the Cafe Savoy is really nice and just across the river from the Savoy is the Cafe Slavia - very cool.

Jane

Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,948 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant Question (Another..!!)

You may find the review section will help you.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurants-g274707-Prague…

Prague
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant Question (Another..!!)

Check this restaurant. http://www.divinis.cz/cz/index.php

It is my favorite restaurant, dinner with 3 courses, wine or digestive coffee and some spirits will take about 3000CZK per 2 person.

It is near to the Old Town Square, so you can walk after your dinner.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant Question (Another..!!)

Hello, Just wanted to provide a follow up for this!

I ended up going to Bellevue and it was as wonderful as everyone says - as we had booked so far in advance we got the window seat with fireworks going off across Charles Bridge and our waiter was just fab!

We also had two meals in Cafe Slavia which were very enjoyable - I really didnt expect the food to be as great as it was!

I definitely plan to visit La Degustation on my next trip to Prague, an incredible meal really completes a trip for me.

Thank you for all of your advice!

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
643 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant Question (Another..!!)

My "classical" recommendation:

www.restaurantparnas.cz

walking distance from Savic hotel, next to cafe Slavia, window table - great view of Prague Castle and Charles bridge

For Czech food:

www.umodrekachnicky.cz

No.1: traditional, Little Quarter area, No. 2 - not so far from your hotel

www.umodreruze.cz (old historical cellar with piano music)

Not easy advice!

9. Re: Restaurant Question (Another..!!)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2013, 10:15