We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How often tram runs in Prague at 6am and during the day?

Starkville...
Level Contributor
288 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
How often tram runs in Prague at 6am and during the day?

Hey, I am wondering how often the tram runs from Prague 2 to Prague 1 old town center at 6am and during the day. I appreciate any help! ( and how about bus schedule? same as well?)

Hradec Kralove...
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How often tram runs in Prague at 6am and during the day?

Prague has very good public transport system. There is every few minutes a tram during the day time 5 - 22. In the night there are night trams which goes +- every 30 minutes.

Starkville...
Level Contributor
288 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How often tram runs in Prague at 6am and during the day?

Thanks 274706Milanek for the information. I am relieved, knowing that we do not have to wait for long time to get to the old center. Thanks so much.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,098 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How often tram runs in Prague at 6am and during the day?

I have visited Prague many times and I don't think I have ever had to wait more than 10 minutes for a tram and that would be late at night.

Also look at the Metro ,depends where you are that might be just as good if not better,again never had to wait more than 10 minutes for one.

Where are you stayin g and we can better advise on whgat trams /metros may be available.

noit a lot of buses into the city center,the trams and metros cover most of the inner city area.

Starkville...
Level Contributor
288 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How often tram runs in Prague at 6am and during the day?

Hi, unclegus, we are thinking about staying at Zahrebska 46, 120 00 Praha 2 - Vinohrady. Please advise what is the best transport option and the cost. Also our family of 4 (a couple and 2 children ages 21 and 17) will be arriving in Prague at Hlvani train station. Should we take the taxi to our apartment or take the tram or metro? Thank you for your help.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,098 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How often tram runs in Prague at 6am and during the day?

I will reply later when I am home and check my maps but I am sure someone else will reply before then.

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
525 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How often tram runs in Prague at 6am and during the day?

You can take a metro and a tram. It is less than 15 minutes ride altogether.

The cost will be CZK24/person.

Take metro line C from the station to I.P. Pavlova and change there for tram 4 or 22 to Jana Masaryka. That's just round the corner from your accommodation.

However, it is really close to the station, so taking a taxi may not be a bad idea too. It may cost quite similar money as the four tickets. The problem is that it is better to order the taxi than catch it at the station as there are often drivers that try to overcharge extremely.

I'd personally opt for the public transport. And in case you'll be using it more often (and you probably will because you'll use it to get to the center), you can buy a pass for several days at the station and start wit your first journey to Záhřebská.

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
535 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: How often tram runs in Prague at 6am and during the day?

From there, it's really unnecessary to use public transport to get to the main sights for four able-bodied people. In about 10 minutes you can walk to the top of Wenceslas Square...

Starkville...
Level Contributor
288 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How often tram runs in Prague at 6am and during the day?

Thank you all for the wonderful information. It is nice to know the options out there just in case we need to use public transport besides walking around town. We do not mind walking if there are something interesting and beautiful to keep our eyes busy and entertained along the way. Thanks for all your responses. It is so helpful.

9. Re: How often tram runs in Prague at 6am and during the day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 20:17