We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prague or Barcelona

Vancouver
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
Prague or Barcelona

Hi Everyone,

May not be the place to post this but hoping someone can help me out.

Coming over to Europe from Vancouver (Canada) for a friends wedding in Amsterdam Oct 13. From there me and a friend are trying to decide between coming to Barcelona or Prague.

We are on our early thirties and like to have a good time. Prague i am have heard is an overall fun city and we would like to try out the beer.

If we went to Bracelona we would more than likely try to go to the football game.

Other than that any suggestions anyone has would be great. :)

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
758 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prague or Barcelona

:-) I suppose that on this forum, you'll get recommendations to visit Prague! :-) Beer is great here and you can go and watch a football game, too, if that is what you are looking for! :-) M.

Larnaka City, Cyprus
Level Contributor
267 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prague or Barcelona

I would say that Prague is more laid back and relaxing. Excellent food, excellent beer and great romantic atmosphere.

Barcelona is much more lively and crowded with of course warmer climate with much more nightlife options, more people of the street and late night options. And of course more expensive.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
37,336 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prague or Barcelona

A major consideration would be your budget....Prague will be cheaper then Barcelona.

Which city are you flying back home, and how are you planning to travel from Amsterdam to either Prague or Barcelona. And how many days do you have for this side trip.

Edited: 03 October 2011, 13:43
Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
437 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prague or Barcelona

All things being equal, Barcelona without a shadow of a doubt...

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
37,336 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Prague or Barcelona

hmmmm, fotball is sure better in Barcelona if that's the major consideration :)

Vancouver
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Prague or Barcelona

Thanks everyone

Yes I figured this forum might lean a little more to Prague but worth the question.

We will fly in and will be there for 3 days.

If anyone has more to add feel free

Larnaka City, Cyprus
Level Contributor
267 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Prague or Barcelona

If you want a wonderful peaceful place to relax and feel like you are ina fairy tale this is the place. I am sure that you will love Prague!

I have already travelled to Prague 3 times and can't wait to go back again.

Leeds
Level Contributor
115 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Prague or Barcelona

Having visited both Barcelona (twice) and Prague (just booked our 6th visit) on city breaks, then I think that I'll be able to give you a balanced opinion.

The main things that keep drawing us back to Prague time and time again is that it's relatively inexpensive when being compared to the rest to Europe (particularly Barcelona), the beer is truly, truly excellent (the food isn't half bad either!), Prague is oh so romantic, and the people are lovely.

As you are travelling in October, my recommendation would also be Prague (I believe that Barcelona is more of a summer city - but that's just me).

Don't get me wrong - we love Barcelona too. I'm always so in awe of the Sagrada Familia (and the other Gaudi architecture), and there's nothing like wondering down Las Ramblas into the squares for a drink/tapas, but Prague really holds a very special place in our hearts and I would say Prague every time. :-)

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,398 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Prague or Barcelona

You won't regret going to either city. Watch your wallets more closely in Barcelona :)

Australia
Level Contributor
173 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Prague or Barcelona

I've been to both cities too - Barcelona is much more interesting.

When I was there the prices for meals, accommodation etc were a lot lower than other countries using the euro so it wasn't expensive.