We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting from airport to hotel

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Paisley, United...
Level Contributor
500 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
getting from airport to hotel

our hotel is on Legerova,, group of 5 of us, remember from the last time there was a minibus/taxi service (Cedaz ??) that took a group of up to 6 to any address in central Prague for 900kr or thereabouts

i understand this service is no longer available and was wondering if there is anything similar or if anybody could suggest the easiest/cheapest way to get from the airport to Legerova on a sunday ight??

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,096 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: getting from airport to hotel

How late? if you arrive circa 8 p.m., you could take the Airport express bus for 50 crowns each to the main railway station, and then a metro to IP Pavlova (another 24 crowns)

Otherwise a normal public transport for 32 crowns with some changes.

i.e. Bus 119 to dejvicka, then metro to Muzeum, change at Muzeum for IP Pavlova..

Alternatively, prebook a shuttle, between 5 of you it's a manageable cost?

Paisley, United...
Level Contributor
500 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: getting from airport to hotel

flight gets in around 7.30,, often does the airport express bus run?

im abit hazy but is the main train station in Prague on the way towards the Zizkov area if you are walking from the centre?

what companies organise shuttles,, what sort of cost would be looking at

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,096 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: getting from airport to hotel

The express bus runs till about quarter past nine and yes the railway station is to the left off the top of Wenceslas Square, so roughly where you say it is.

For the shuttle you can ask these nice people.

http://www.prague-airport-shuttle.com/

£33 for 5...I think they need a bigger car:) and they take sterling as well as czech crowns.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,761 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: getting from airport to hotel

I too would suugest the airport shuttle service,at about £7 each it is hardley going to break the bank and will get you to your accommodation in a timely manner.

I have used the compant tilly has mentioned many times and they are highly reliable.

The AE bus is ok if you only have a small amount of luggage, but at that time of night and a small group bite the bullet and go for a bit of comfort.

Paisley, United...
Level Contributor
500 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: getting from airport to hotel

thanks again

the shuttle service sounds good to me but just incase the others would rather the airport express bus could you tell me where you get it?

is it easy to find at the airport?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,761 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: getting from airport to hotel

dead easy,just come out the main door at terminal1 (all the uk flights use this terminal) walk across the roadway,and you will come to some bus stops,the AE bus will be to your right ( ie 20 yards or so away) the 100 and 119 stops to your left.

The AE bus stops outside the Hlavni on Wilsonova,you could walk up here onto Legerova but i would notrecommend it as the pavement such as it is is very narrrow and the road extremly busy at all times of the day.

go into the main station (its very obvious) dow the escalators and out the main pedestrian exit or as Tilly has said take the metro from inside the train station (again pretty obvious) and go one stop to Museum change to IP Pavlova (again one stop) and walk from there.

Edited: 12 October 2011, 17:17
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,096 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: getting from airport to hotel

(left unclegus for AE) but it is displayed on the electronic board above the pedestrian crossing....you cannot miss it. The AE buses run each half an hour.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,761 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: getting from airport to hotel

yes you are correct Tilly,I was looking at it from the other direction.

9. Re: getting from airport to hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 August 2012, 15:35
Paisley, United...
Level Contributor
500 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: getting from airport to hotel

seems ive got the wrong idea of where Legerova is,, ive been getting it mixed up with Resslova i think

we are staying at the Louis Leger hotel