We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unusual location for a meeting in or near prague

Dublin-Ireland
Level Contributor
139 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Unusual location for a meeting in or near prague

Hi there

i am looking to bring a business meeting to prague this december.We chose location to have and make a difference and deliver something vs the main better known euro capitals ,paris london etc.\

I have been before on weekend vacations and loved it .\

The meeting is partly about changing mindsets and being very different in what we do .\We want to surround the week by difference and thought provoking things

therefore i have two questions which i would really love some support with

1...An rally unusual place to stay ..(we need 25 rooms plus)

Can be within tewntyish minutes of centre of Prague .Could be an old castle ,a renovated monastry ,whatever.

Something different than your run of the mill hilton chains or such like

2...Different restaurants to go to .ie not just good food retaurants but by their nature,location ,orientation - different .

lastly if there was to be a suggestion of a place in a town which was up to an hour outside prague that you feel really fits the bill ....excellent i would love to hear also

Look forward to your help and amny thanks in advance for responses left .

Edited: 09 November 2011, 23:38
Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Old Royal Palace
Architectural Buildings, Historic Sites, Points of Interest & Landmarks, Castles
Waldstein Palace
Castles, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
30,299 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Unusual location for a meeting in or near prague

This hotel is fantastic htlpraha.cz/konferencni-sluzby/meeting-rooms

it is like going into a 1970s James Bond film - rooms are enormous, each with a huge balcony with a view over the city - photogallery here http://www.htlpraha.cz/gallery/index.html and it is like no other hotel you will have ever stayed in before.

It was built to accommodate the communist fat cats in the old days when they had their mega conferences, so no expense was spared. The only minus is that in recent years it has been renovated so much of the original completely outlandish furniture has been replaced and it is therefore not as authentic as it once was, but there are still lots of talking points.

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
643 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Unusual location for a meeting in or near prague

Hotel Praha is really anusuall place.

Renovated monastery: Břevnov, Praha 6 (easy by tram 22 to the city centre, a good restaurant there, meeting rooms, quiet place: www.hoteladalbert.cz ).

Anusual place near by Prague ( 80 km, cca 1 hour 15 minutes driving time ) Dětenice: www.detenice.cz (very special and popular place,not everybody really likes it, everybody seems to be interesting to visit it! )

A lot of other places in Prague and nearby .... If you need another advice, write me. Prague - it´s my town and my job! Best regards!

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
18,554 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Unusual location for a meeting in or near prague

probably not exactly what you are looking for but fun to mention nonetheless

boatel services in Prague

prague-tourism.eu/botel-prague-accommodation…

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Unusual location for a meeting in or near prague

Check this out -- 25k from Prague, chateau, 64 rooms. Restaurants besides Czech traditional are lacking when you get into the countryside outside Prague

The Hotel Chateau Štiřín

http://www.stirin.cz/en/

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
40,345 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Unusual location for a meeting in or near prague

Once or twice I attended a conference in Crown Plaza in Dejvice.....it is a chain hotel, but built to a very unusual style, reminds me of Lomonosov University in Moscow:) or a building in Warsaw.....a good transport link to the centre.

ichotelsgroup.com/crowneplaza/…

Mentioned in this post
Moscow
Moscow
Central Russia, Russia
Warsaw
Warsaw
Mazovia Province, Poland
Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Prague
Level Contributor
2,328 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Unusual location for a meeting in or near prague

Chateau Stirin http://www.stirin.cz/en/

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
40,345 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Unusual location for a meeting in or near prague

http://www.hotel-chateau-zbiroh.com/

Zbiroh might be a bit too far?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
56 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Unusual location for a meeting in or near prague

I was in Prague recently and stayed near the Crown Plaza in the Dejivice area. I would have to agree with Tilly on the Crown Plaza. The Crown Plaza is a very impressive Hotel.

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
9. Re: Unusual location for a meeting in or near prague

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2012, 06:15