We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back from Borkovice !!

Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Back from Borkovice !!

What a fantastic vacation. Many thanks for all of your assistance. We rented a car and met a young man in Veselie who is a professional translator. The Mayor of Bokovice was with him and we all drove to Borkovice. Words can not explain the kindness and interest in my search of my great great great grandparents.

They brought us to the town hall and presented me with beautiful flowers and medallians of the city for both myself and my husband. They took pictures of us with the village flag. We viewed pictures they had displayed of celebrations , maintenance and other village interests.

We then took a walk of the village and were shown where the house was. It has been replaced but how special to be there. We then went to the house #33 which is in a different location. We meet the family living there. I gave Vera the young woman living there all the documentation I had. She was very excited to read it. She and I have kept contact . She and Martin the translator sent us a beautiful Christmas Card.

The sun was shining and it was a beautiful day. My husband and myself were overwhelmed with their kindness. I felt in my heart my family was with us as we walked the village.

Prague also was a wonderful experience. We would go back tomorrow. There are no words to write what our souls have experienced. Again THANK YOU to everyone who helped with happen. It is truly one of highlights of our marriage of 45 years!

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
37,285 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Back from Borkovice !!

I am so pleased it all worked out well for you!!! Maybe one day you'll be back. But for now you must be the honorary citizens of Borkovice.

I wish you a Merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year.

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
437 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Back from Borkovice !!

Brilliant.. sounds like you had an awesome time.

3. Re: Back from Borkovice !!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 December 2012, 10:15