We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food and drink cost

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Zummerzet
Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Food and drink cost

Could someone tell us roughly how much it costs for food and drink in restaurants and bars in the centre of Prague currently please? For a local type meal for a simple cheap lunch or a 'meal of day' menu, if they have that Prague? Also, how much would a bottle of beer or glass of wine cost? Thank you very much for your help.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,613 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Food and drink cost

tripadvisor.co.uk/members-reviews/unclegus

have a look at some of my reviews ,quite a few recent ones there most with prices,will give you an idea of what things cost,also seacrh for soem of my trip reports lots of prices in those as well.

these are 2 of my reports form May 2011, should give you an idea of prices.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g274707-i96-k451…

tripadvisor.co.uk/…33770510

Edited: 03 January 2012, 17:07
Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
453 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food and drink cost

A normal meal (not a beef steak or similar expensive stuff) is somewhere from CZK 70 (cheap restaurant/pub) to 150 in normal casual restaurant. An of course up to hundreds in more luxurious ones.

Meal of the day may be somewhere around CZK 100-150 including soup. The main dish may be smaller in the menu than when ordered separately. Dish of the day is not served by all restaurants but many in the city centre offer it.

Tap beer (0.5l) goes somewhere from CZK 25 to 40 in a pub or casual restaurant (anything more is a rip off). CZK 40 is considered very expensive beer by the locals. Prices around CZK 30 are OK. Bottled beer is usually not sold in a restaurant or pub. The exception is non-alcoholic beer or some more special beers. Normal lager is almost always on tap.

A glass of wine (0.2l) is somewhere around CZK 50 (casual restaurant). It depends also on the wine itself. Better wines are usually sold only as a bottle (0.7l).

Be aware that restaurants in the Prague centre are tourist-oriented and the prices may be higher that what I wrote above. It's always better to avoid the very centre of the city.

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
535 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Food and drink cost

Indeed, other than the airport, I think the most expensive (regular) beer I've seen is 85 crowns at one of the cafes on the riverbank. It may be more now, this was a couple years ago.

Zummerzet
Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Food and drink cost

Thank you for your excellent help. We will look forward to seeing it!!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,613 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Food and drink cost

you are welcome.

when are you visiting?

one word of warning about meals of the day or lunchtime specials in my quite wide experience these are only in Czech on menus so might be worth googling translation notes so you have a rough idea of what you are ordering.

London, United...
Level Contributor
158 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Food and drink cost

Food is relatively average price, however, some prices will try and rip you off so make sure you look all over before you decide where to eat!

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Food and drink cost

We were very pleasantly surprised with the great value in Prague - compared to other major cities in Europe - when it came to food and drink. We spent three days there and I researched elsewhere to find restaurant recommendations. We were happy with every meal we had. We stayed away from the obvious tourist spots near the squares and wandered in to some places that looked good - and they did not disappoint.

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
436 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Food and drink cost

Anything worth a special mention?

Palm Desert...
Level Contributor
284 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Food and drink cost

Please list a few if you could.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,613 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Food and drink cost

JSS Metro,just go to my profile and look at the reviews I have done lots there.Also 2 others still pending that hopefully will be posted soon.