We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prague for two 21 yr old girls first trip abroad help

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Prague for two 21 yr old girls first trip abroad help

Hi. After 3 weeks summer study abroad (1 in Paris, other Florence) we have about 2 weeks to travel together. Her brothers have suggested Prague as the top choice to visit. We would appreciate any help with accommodations and help with where else to visit in Europe. We are meeting in Vienna (where my trip ends). Thanks. We don't have our flight home so we are open to anything.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Vienna
Vienna
Vienna Region, Austria
Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
643 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prague for two 21 yr old girls first trip abroad help

The first information about Prague and Czech republic:

www.praguewelcome.com

www.czechtourism.com

Have a nice time there!

Prague
Level Contributor
1,656 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prague for two 21 yr old girls first trip abroad help

I'd stay close to wherever the last week of your study was and enjoy something there for a week. By all means come to Prague in the second week but I think you would want to split that time. I'd consider 3 days in Prague followed by the rest of your time in Vienna (and consider a day trip to Budapest as part of the Vienna stay).

Mentioned in this post
Vienna
Vienna
Vienna Region, Austria
Budapest
Budapest
Central Hungary, Hungary
Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
6,036 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prague for two 21 yr old girls first trip abroad help

Prague is a must to see. Give Vienna a day or two also.

Prague
Level Contributor
1,656 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prague for two 21 yr old girls first trip abroad help

For the accommodation you'll probably want to stay central so look for Prague 1 and if it's broken down into districts look for Old Town, Wenceslas or Republic Square. All of these are walking distance. There's another ring of places around that but you would then need to consider public transport.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Prague for two 21 yr old girls first trip abroad help

Thank you! Actually, it is only me who has never been abroad before. She has studied in Rome and traveled extensively in Italy and doesn't want to stay there. She also doesn't want to stay in Paris after spending 3 weeks. We do suffer from the fear we will never be able to come back!

At this point, Prague is our "must see". (going by her brother's recommendations) Thanks for the help in determining where to look for accommodations. On a random search of the top hostels I've found them all to be booked already. If we have 2 weeks, and spent 3 days in Prague, where would you center the rest of your trip if you were 2 college seniors?! (It's easy to read where people like, but harder to fully grasp the reality of getting from place to place and what would give us a better snapshot of the region) Thanks so much for your thoughts.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Nottingham, England
Level Contributor
857 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Prague for two 21 yr old girls first trip abroad help

If you're going to be in Vienna, I would recommend Berlin and Prague. I would do Berlin-Prague-Vienna if you have two weeks. Easy and cheap to get to each city by train. You could go to Budapest for a few days then return back to Vienna.

Europe has many amazing cities that are easy to get to and it's so difficult to decide where to go.

Edited: 20 January 2012, 20:51
Mentioned in this post
Vienna
Vienna
Vienna Region, Austria
Berlin
Berlin
Germany
Budapest
Budapest
Central Hungary, Hungary
Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Prague for two 21 yr old girls first trip abroad help

As you will have done Vienna, give your friends a tour as soon as they arrive – hit with them the Nussdorf Hills and then off to Prague. – You also should consider Krakow in southern Poland and on the way Olomouc for a few hours.

My personal favorite would be 2 nights in Český Krumlov – this really is a charming fun place with lots of Australians there during summer months – make friend with them – they know where the fun is. Krumlov can be reached by train with changing in České Budějovice, a nice city in it’s own right.

Mentioned in this post
Vienna
Vienna
Vienna Region, Austria
Krakow
Krakow
Lesser Poland Province, Poland
Poland
Poland
Europe
Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Prague for two 21 yr old girls first trip abroad help

As you will have done Vienna, give your friends a tour as soon as they arrive – hit with them the Nussdorf Hills and then off to Prague. – You also should consider Krakow in southern Poland and on the way Olomouc for a view hours.

My personal favorite would be 2 nights in Český Krumlov – this really is a charming fun place with lots of Australians there during summer months – make friend with them – they know where the fun is. Krumlov can be reached by train with changing in České Budějovice, a nice city in it’s own right.

Mentioned in this post
Vienna
Vienna
Vienna Region, Austria
Krakow
Krakow
Poland
Poland
Europe
Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Prague for two 21 yr old girls first trip abroad help

Sorry, we got caught up in work but plan to get it done this week.

My friend just emailed me an idea to move every other day and do:

Prague - Munich - Brussels - Amsterdam - London (3 days)

We will have already spent a few days in Vienna so this is starting out from Vienna. Meeting other college students would be fun.

We HAVE to leave from London as my friend has her return ticket from her school. So we have exactly 11 days from start to departure to get from Vienna to London!!!

Mentioned in this post
Munich
Munich
Upper Bavaria, Germany
Brussels
Brussels
Belgium
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
Vienna
Vienna
Vienna Region, Austria
Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Prague for two 21 yr old girls first trip abroad help

Anyone have opinion on Czech Inn vs St Christopher hostel? Those 2 have been suggested.

I'll look at the map for Krumlov, Budapest, Krakow and see how to fit in. It's looking like Prague-Berlin-Amsterdam-London. We have 12 days. I have had a couple of people tell me to skip Amsterdam and add one of these cities or Dresden/Munich. So this leg is hard to determine!

Mentioned in this post
Czech Inn
Czech Inn
826 Reviews
Prague, Czech Republic
Budapest
Budapest
Central Hungary, Hungary
Krakow
Krakow
Amsterdam