We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on a 3 day intinerary - for an active duo

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
161 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on a 3 day intinerary - for an active duo

Any advice for a very active duo who is visiting Prague for 3 days? I could certainly use some advice on this!!

Sure, we would like to pop into one or two ancient buildings or so. But our real passion is in trying to absorb some of the local vibe - via walking on some small local streets, popping into favorite delis, trying out a bakery, etc. We're more do-ers, than see-ers.

Any thoughts would be helpful!!

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
643 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on a 3 day intinerary - for an active duo

You can look at www.praguewelcome.com for the first information.

Ancient buildings, small local streets - nearly everywhere around the city centre. Just area of Prague Castle can be for the whole day trip ( during the main season with the gardens). If you like also "adrenalin", some possibilities in Prague too (baloon flight, Segway, rafting, bicycle...).

I am sure, you will find a lot things to do in Prague. What time of the year are you coming? It´s also important. The main tourist season = more possibilities.

Have a nice time in Prague and Czech Republic! Hana

Edited: 20 January 2012, 11:02
Prague
Level Contributor
1,656 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on a 3 day intinerary - for an active duo

For the bakery/deli thing you want to look out for a shop called a Lahudka. Its a combination of a bakery selling bread and open sandwiches and a sweet shop selling cakes and biscuits. My favourite is in Vodickova (two doors up from McDonalds) but there are many all over the centre of the city. Most of them have standing tables where you can eat-in and the open sandwiches (Chlebicky) are often the cheapest lunch options. Ta ke a walk from Mala Strana to Andel via Ujezd (30 minute max) and that'll give you something to absorb.

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
266 posts
252 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on a 3 day intinerary - for an active duo

Check out bicycling options ... great way to see the city or the surrounding areas. Also, Terezin is a good adventure ... finding the right bus to get there, and then walking around both the camp and the SS prison.

Edited: 21 January 2012, 16:19
Bristol, UK
Level Contributor
1,380 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on a 3 day intinerary - for an active duo

We discovered the deli that Sova refers to on our last visit. It's just off of Wenceslas Sq, where Vodickova exits on the east side. We were impressed.

Another special one is Au Gourmand, 10 Dlouha. They have some high quality cakes, pastries and savouries, and a nice seating area to the rear.

If you are after activity, and want a bit of a burst of adrenaline, then consider the bobsleigh run at Bobova Draha, on the northern extremity of Prague.

http://www.bobovadraha.cz/

www.youtube.com/watch…

London, United...
Level Contributor
693 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on a 3 day intinerary - for an active duo

Lahudky Zlaty Kris, on Jungmannova, just a minutes walk from the bottom of Wenceslas Square, lunch and beer for just a few Dollars., eaten with the locals at the counter. Don't worry, about the language, you'll be fine. Afterwards visit the Franciscan garden just behind it, an oasis of calm.

Think about heading out to Vysherad, just a few minutes by metro and experience the fantastic views from the park and maybe enjoy the beer garden as well.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
161 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice on a 3 day intinerary - for an active duo

All excellent suggestions which I will reference when planning our itinerary. Many thanks!

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
643 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice on a 3 day intinerary - for an active duo

Which part of Prague will you stay?

I like these places:

www.cukrarna-Hajek-Hajkova.cz (Praha 5 - Smíchov)

www.hajek-bousova.cz (Vodičkova 791/39,Prague 1)

but many others....

To know the place of your stay, recommendation can be better.

Edited: 22 January 2012, 09:31
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
161 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Advice on a 3 day intinerary - for an active duo

We will be staying in the Old City, Prague.

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
643 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Advice on a 3 day intinerary - for an active duo

A little "lahůdky" shop is opened just a few steps from The Astronomical Clock, Malé náměstí, under the arcade.

Not so far Zlatý kříž (mentioned above).

You can try also www.janpaukert.cz Národní str.

Dlouhá str. 23 - Apetit. www.apetitpraha.cz

Do you need any other advice (besides food)?

Leiden, The...
Level Contributor
441 posts
383 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Advice on a 3 day intinerary - for an active duo

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i25459-4_days_i…

maybe my triplist can give some inspiration?