We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Music in Prague

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
12 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Music in Prague

Hello,

My husband & I will be in Prague May 17-20. I've found a lot of great info on this board (really looking forward to the Beer Festival) but I had a question about music.

I would really like to attend some type of live music event.

Originally my plan was just to stroll into a ticket office the day we got to Prague to see what was availble during our stay but I realized that while we are in town the spring music festival is going on. So I didn't know if it was a better idea to prebook. I'm considering the Czech Philharmonic (opera is out because I don't want my husband to throw himself off of the balcony). I know that musical taste is subjective, but I've seen a lot of posts on this board about some of the venues being more geared towards tourists and that the music is less than stellar. So I guess my question is, if YOU had to choose, would you do the philharmonic or would you take your chances to see what was availble in the more intimate venues? I like the idea of attending a concert in a church, but wasn't sure where to search for that kind of info. Thanks in advance!

Containall
Bars & Clubs, Concerts
Radlicka - kulturni sportovna
Bars & Clubs, Performances, Concerts
Rudolfinum
Architectural Buildings, Historic Sites, Concerts, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
40,367 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Music in Prague

rezervace.colosseum.eu/hall.aspx?eventid=47

If you mean the concert on 18th May, I think I would book now, not many good seats are left. For English top right,

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
643 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Music in Prague

www.festival.cz

the program of Prague spring festival

You can look also to: www.bohemiaticket.cz for the idea, what will be on the program during your stay in the big theatres ( ...tickets in this office are more expencive...,better to contact the theatre directly).

If you want to go to any concert, wait until your stay in Prague.

If you want to visit sometihing special, follow the advice of Tilly and book it now. The best concerts of the festival can be sold out in advance.

Many concerts in a churches, some of them "touristy" ( nice historical halls, a lot of short pieces of music, take about 60 minutes). Depends, what you are looking for....

Best regards from Prague.

Hana

Edited: 11 February 2012, 10:09
3. Re: Music in Prague

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2013, 19:48