We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transport to Synot Tip Arena

Adelaide
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Public transport to Synot Tip Arena

Hi all,

We have tickets to Bruce Springsteen at Synot Tip Arena and are looking for advice re public transport options from Prague Centre and return. We are staying in New Town; close by to Karlovo Namesti metro station. We would value advice re the best / simplest public transport route from there / that area (or thereabouts in the city centre) to and from the Synot Tip Arena. Is public transport generally safe at night returning from there to the city centre? I expect there will be a lot of other people doing the same.

Many thanks

A&R

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,602 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public transport to Synot Tip Arena

Easy to get to Synot from Karlovo namesti...trams 4,6,22,24 - safe any time of the day and night.

http://www.dpp.cz/en/

click on Transport around Prague, and select Journey planner from the drop down menu.

To: U Slavie

about 20 minutes ride, 24 crown ticket

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,887 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Public transport to Synot Tip Arena

Thats theSlavia Prague football stadium,the No22 tram goes right to it ( unless the route has changed since october when I was last there), you will be able to get on it near Karlova namesti.

Prague is pretty safe and I would have no worries about travelling on the trams at night,I have stayed near the Stadium before and travelled there at night with no problems.

Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Prague
Level Contributor
2,259 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public transport to Synot Tip Arena

there might be a problem on the tram coming back from the show with all the old Springsteen fans falling asleep

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,887 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Public transport to Synot Tip Arena

and he is known to overrun time wise as well not good for the old folk and their cocoa before bed routine.

independent.ie/national-news/finetuned-sprin…

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,602 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Public transport to Synot Tip Arena

www.synottiparena.cz/co-je-noveho/829-3

top akce! Even I am tempted to go.....

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,887 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Public transport to Synot Tip Arena

I remember that area 10 years ago ,quite a bit different now.The old stadium was a real toilet but a fun place, the new place is really nice.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,602 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Public transport to Synot Tip Arena

I have to disagree unclegus, you seem to like Juliska, Dolicek and Viktoria grounds, yet the Old Slavia was far far superior, Their main wooden terrace was the only place in the Czech Republic which was smoke free - and that's something. Now it is just a ground like any other, no charm and includes McDonalds:)

Wales
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Public transport to Synot Tip Arena

Hi,

Are there a few pubs near the stadium to drink in before the concert? Or do people drink beer outside the stadium?

Or are there plenty of places to get beer inside the stadium?

Many thanks

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,602 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Public transport to Synot Tip Arena

There is a bar inside which is normally open during the game...also there is a hotel bar under the stand, entrance from outside...and few cheap places on the main road. When in Czech Republic never worry about the lack of refreshment, there always is something.

Wales
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Public transport to Synot Tip Arena

We were thinking of walking from the city centre to the Synotip Tip Arena. I have read that this takes about 45 minutes? Is this accurate?

Does anyone know if there is a good pub crawl we could do taking in local czech pubs along the way?

Many thanks.