We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good for a summer visit?

Brookline...
Level Contributor
45 posts
417 reviews
Save Topic
Good for a summer visit?

I am thinking about a summer trip. I will be flying from Copenhagen and my friend will be flying to meet me from Boston. I have about $1500 to spend, including airfare. We were planning on traveling from July 26 until Aug 5-7. We like to be busy, but not insane. Beach would be nice, but isn't required.

We are debating between 3 different choices.

1. Azores. Is there enough to do for that long? Is the weather going to work out?

2. Barcelona and nearby. Is it too hot and too pricy?

3. Prague-Vienna-Budapest.

Any suggestions and advice?

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
643 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good for a summer visit?

I am from Prague, I vote for Prague and Czech Republic.

www.kudyznudy.cz ( + English version)

www.praguewelcome.com

www.czecot.com

No beaches but a lot of the lakes....

Best regards

Hana

Edited: 08 April 2012, 13:06
Brookline...
Level Contributor
45 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good for a summer visit?

Hmm... thanks for the tips. I'm still thinking about my choices. It's really coming down to finances....

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,516 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Good for a summer visit?

1. never been to Azores, so can't comment

2.great city though I think a few days there would be enough

3.Love Prague and Vienna but never been to Budapest. certainly Prague will be a great deal cheaper than Vienna/

of the three options the last one will cost more in travelling because you are going between cities

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
29,886 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good for a summer visit?

If you want somewhere that is cheap, fun and has plenty to do (lakes, caves, wine, etc) then:

guardian.co.uk/travel/2010/jun/19/low-cost-f…

brno.cz/fileadmin/…Brno_1en.wmv

http://brnonow.com/

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
437 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good for a summer visit?

Barcelona, without a shadow of a doubt... temps can be about the same tbh, more costly yes, will flights to europe not be about $1000 that time though?

6. Re: Good for a summer visit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 13:16