We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

prague

Middletown...
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
prague

Where is the best and safest place to drink beer...u medvidku...zizkov...someplace else...we are at the century old town prague...also how is the jazz and blues Ungelt? Looking for some easy fun on our tour thru on 8/10. thanks so much from Cin in New England

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
37,998 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: prague

http://www.jazzungelt.cz/programme_eng.htm

Look through the ungelt programme.....it's a good place to spend the evening.

As for the beer.....what do you man by the safest?

also

www.pragueexperience.com/places.asp…

Edited: 24 July 2012, 16:21
Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Prague
Level Contributor
2,277 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: prague

ungelt is great, try the beer museum about 10 minutes away http://www.praguebeermuseum.com

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
Level Contributor
17,010 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: prague

safest?

London
Level Contributor
2,911 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: prague

As a native Londoner, I wonder whether the OP means "safest" in the sense of "well safe, man", but I suspect that he/she simply wants to know which areas of Prague have lower and higher crime rates. This question is probably quite reasonable if one is thinking about a city like London (there's a pub on my road where two people have been murdered), or, perhaps, Middletown, Connecticut, but I suspect that those more knowledgeable than I am will be able to confirm that crime, or at least violent crime, is largely absent from central European drinking establishments.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,292 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: prague

safest place is really any pub you want to go into, never had a problem anywhere in the city and I have been in a few out of the way places.The most dangerous thing is trying to get off the bar stool to go to the toilet.

Bristol, UK
Level Contributor
1,380 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: prague

Only time I saw potential for trouble in a pub, but not actual trouble, is when I have been unfortunate enough to be in close proximity to a British stag party. However, these days the stags seem to be a lot fewer in number, and we know the pubs they use and can avoid.

Prague is probably the safest city, and definitely the safest capital city, I have ever visited. Even on night trams, when all of the fellow Czech passengers around us have obviously had a number of beers, there is never any aggro. Just Czechs going home after a good night out. Compare this to a similar situation in The UK.

The only other time anything has been close to kicking off, is when my brother has been a bit slow in getting his hand in his pocket for his turn to get a beer. :-)

London
Level Contributor
2,911 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: prague

I think the statistics say, or used to say, that Budapest is the safest city in Europe (or safest city of comparable size), but I believe that Prague also does not do badly. Certainly UK cities of similar size do not bear comparison.

8. Re: prague

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2013, 10:17