We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Direction to Resident Leon D'oro by public transport

Florida, USA
Level Contributor
45 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Direction to Resident Leon D'oro by public transport

Hi everybody,

Could anyone please tell me what is the easiest way to get to Resident Leon D'oro hotel (Address: Halveska 29, Prague) from the airport by public transport?

I have 2 options of hotel: Chopin Prague & Resident Leon D'oro, the second option seem like closer to the Old town but is it harder to get to from the airport, any suggestion?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
7,321 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Direction to Resident Leon D'oro by public transport

The nearest metro stop is mustek. You could take bus 119, to Dejvicka metro, then 4th stop is mustek on Green line (A). As you can see from the metro map, another option is to take bus 100 to Zlicin metro, then yellow line (B) to Mustek stop. Both: 32 crowns ticket, validate on the bus only.

Still, a short walk; unless you have a lot of luggage, I would use the first option.

www.pragueexperience.com/maps/metro.asp

geobeats.com/videoclips/czech-republic/pragu…

http://www.dpp.cz/en/

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,841 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Direction to Resident Leon D'oro by public transport

The Chopin is a good option and really not that far from the Old town Square.It is right opposite the Train station but on a relatively quiet street. the AE bus from the airport takes you to the train station and it is a minutes walk from there.

I have stayed there twice in recent years, a 3 star hotel that is very clean though relatively basic BUT it does provide in room tea and coffee making facilities.Breakfasts are not too bad at all.more buisness style hotel but decent enough.

Florida, USA
Level Contributor
45 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Direction to Resident Leon D'oro by public transport

Thankyou Sophie0811 & unclegus for your fast and helpful replies. Seem like the Chopin Prague is a better option from both of your advises.

Sophie0811, how far is the Leon D'oro from the Mustek staion? Is it easy to find or I could get lost if I don't know exactly where it is? We don't have a lot of luggage, just want to stay close to old town as much as possible. Still haven't decided which hotel yet.....

Thankyou

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
7,321 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Direction to Resident Leon D'oro by public transport

3.5 blocks, 3-5 minutes. Exit towards Na Mustku (Melantrichova), not Vaclavske Namesti (Wenceslas Sq.) which is the opposite. Then follow the Na Mustku, Melantrichova until you hit Havelska - turn right....

You can see for yourself if you google: Havelska 29 Prague cz map

or the Cz equivalent www.mapy.cz. Google gives a streetview; the only thing I am not sure about is the procximity of the Sex Machines Museum...on Melantrichova...

http://www.sexmachinesmuseum.com/en_page.html

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_Machines_Museum

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g274707-d6…

If the cost of the accommodations are the same, Chopin is probably a better choice.... Not too many discounts there though./ In July, as we were leaving Prague for Berlin by train, we tried to book it, but got a much better rate from Hilton near Florenc... But check booking.com or similar; you never know...

Edited: 30 August 2012, 17:58
Florida, USA
Level Contributor
45 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Direction to Resident Leon D'oro by public transport

Sophie0811- Thankyou for your helpful info & advice. I'll see which hotel has a better deal then I'll go for it.

6. Re: Direction to Resident Leon D'oro by public transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2013, 10:16