We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking Tour, Biking Tour or both?

CA
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Topic
Walking Tour, Biking Tour or both?

Hi, I'm thinking of doing the free walking tour but I'm also interested in a biking tour. Will the biking tour be the same stuff I see on the walking tour? If not, any biking tour recommendations? How about the pub crawl via bike? Too hazardous?

Thanks!

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Prague
City Tours, Walking Tours, Beer Tastings & Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Discover Prague Tours
City Tours, Walking Tours, Beer Tastings & Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Taste Of Prague
Walking Tours, Food Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
Unity Tours
Walking Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours
Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
17,320 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking Tour, Biking Tour or both?

walking tour is best....the area is compact...basically a bike tour by standard bike is not really advisable..based on the site below, it is the same sites... More importatly it is simply too crowded...It would not be enjoyable for you or other tourists...the bridge and castle areas are not conducive for bikes

(only time would be early morning)

the pub crawl via the six seated circular bike is strictkly up to you... to me, it's just a gimmick...I'd suggest a regular pub crawl on foot..again, the area is walkable and countless pubs....you could certainly do a crawl on your own..lots of previous info on this board.

one company for general info is City Bike Prague .

http://www.citybike-prague.com/

best to organize a bike ride outside of the center/Prague

CA
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking Tour, Biking Tour or both?

Thanks for the info.

I wasn't going on the circular bike, but rather ride a standard bike for the pub crawl. You would ride your bike to one pub, drink a pint., then ride to the next pub, repeat. Walking does sound a lot safer =)

Thanks!

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
643 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking Tour, Biking Tour or both?

You should know, to drink alcohol and ride bike is against the law.

I like bicycle, but not in Prague. Early morning maybe or the roads outside the city centre. Too crowded....

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
38,645 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking Tour, Biking Tour or both?

haha, well done, Hana

5. Re: Walking Tour, Biking Tour or both?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 12:18