We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best way to get to Prague Zoo

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
143 posts
144 reviews
Save Topic
best way to get to Prague Zoo

or easiest way? on public transport.. last time we visited we were recommended to walk through the park, which was lovely (in summer) but took us a long time. We're visiting this time in November and want to get there easily and quickly so we can spend more time at the Zoo itself.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,979 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best way to get to Prague Zoo

Where are you staying?

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
143 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best way to get to Prague Zoo

nearest stop is IP pavlova

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,979 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best way to get to Prague Zoo

Take the metro from I P Pavlova to Nadrazi Holesovice, then bus 112 to the

Zoo....

should take about 25 minutes, 24 crown ticket.

www.pragueexperience.com/maps/metro.asp

Line C

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,982 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: best way to get to Prague Zoo

I was in the area of the zoo yesterday, just follow Tilly's directions, just make sure you take the right exit for the buses ( about a couple of hundered yard walk if you take the wrong one), they run every 10 minutes or so and stop right outside the zoo (final stop)

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
143 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best way to get to Prague Zoo

thanks guys :)

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,979 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best way to get to Prague Zoo

When I go to the zoo, which by the way is not that often, I prefer to take tram 17 get off one stop past Holesovice station, and take 112 bus from Trojska.

Holesovice station is not a particularily attractive place, but from IP Pavlova, the quickest way.,

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
16,091 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best way to get to Prague Zoo

returning you can catch the free Zoo bus-they take donations or simply 112 back to the metro stop with a valid ticket

Dorset UK
Level Contributor
141 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best way to get to Prague Zoo

hi again, just returned from another lovely time in Prague. Had fun with my dozen words in Czech when I frequently got lost!.

Next time I am thinking about going to the zoo. I see there is a boat that goes there in the summer months, do you have any views (pros and cons) of going by boat or bus/tram please?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,982 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: best way to get to Prague Zoo

I walked down past the quay for the boat on Friday, it is a good 600-800 yards from the Zoo. easy enough to find.looking at the timetable seems it runs every day during the summer and at weekends at the moment , didn't actually note if it ran in winter but I would doubt that.

We actually took the bus out to the zoo and walked back into the city through Stromovka park, a not unpleasant experience.

Edited: 22 October 2012, 13:20
Dorset UK
Level Contributor
141 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: best way to get to Prague Zoo

thank you. My map only covers the edge of Letna Gardens so I will need to get one that covers Stromovka Park, otherwise I'll get lost AGAIN !