We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has Tram 22 route changed?

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Topic
Has Tram 22 route changed?

Hi we want to take the Tram 22 from Hlavni Nadrazi Main Station to Prague Castle. However on the website http://dpp.idos.cz/en we are not getting the time table where tram 22 goes to stop Prazsky Hrad. It seems there is some tram 23 which goes there with change. we are confused. Going tomorrow and need connection from 13.26 as our train from Berlin is reaching that time.

can someone pl help urgently?

many thanks

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
15,814 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has Tram 22 route changed?

23 does not service the main train station, no change..not sure what you were reading..23 serves the castle from the opposite side (West)

one possible way...from train statiion take 5 or 26 two stops to Namesti Republic ..then take #8 3 stops to Malostranska..then take #22 up the hill

to Pražský hrad

Edited: 22 October 2012, 20:49
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Has Tram 22 route changed?

isnt there a better way where there are less changes? secondly the website doesnt show that tram 22 goes to Pražský hrad

can we also take Tram 22 from Narodni Divaldo? Is there enough frequency? we have only 3 hours to see Prague

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,836 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Has Tram 22 route changed?

yes you can take it from narodni Divaldo or even Narodni trida (stop before), the trams runs every couple of minutes, i think it says on the board at the stop every 2-4 minutes.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Has Tram 22 route changed?

thanks so much for your help Unclegus. One more questions. what is the best way to buy tickets? can we buy from tram itself? also we have Euro with us. can we change it to local currency there?

Bristol, UK
Level Contributor
1,380 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has Tram 22 route changed?

I'm not an expert on these things, but looking at the DPP website, has the 22 been re-routed from 20 Oct?

Looks like it terminates at Malostranska and doesn't go up the hill past the Hofmeister to the castle and beyond. Or have I read it wrong?

jrportal.dpp.cz/jrportal/LineList.aspx…

Edited: 22 October 2012, 22:14
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Has Tram 22 route changed?

ooops. can some destination expert confirm this please? we are going to be there tomorrow.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Has Tram 22 route changed?

i cant read what has been posted as it is not in english.

Bristol, UK
Level Contributor
1,380 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Has Tram 22 route changed?

Yes, I'm keen to know too. I'm over in early November and I rely on the 22 to get me to one of my favourite pubs - U Cerneho Vola.

Regularly walk down Nerudova/Uvoz after visiting, but will work up a right thirst if I have to climb the hill to get there in the first place.

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
535 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Has Tram 22 route changed?

There's a line change from October 20 to October 29...the 22 terminates at Malostranska.

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
535 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Has Tram 22 route changed?

By the way, the green metro line to Hradcanska should still run, so it's a bit further, but at least don't have to walk up the whole hill. From main train station, either walk to Muzeum metro stop (5 minute walk), or take Red metro towards Haje and transfer at Muzeum.