We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brewery or Beer Tours

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Elgin
Level Contributor
161 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Brewery or Beer Tours

Hi,visiting Prague soon for 4 nights,been recommended by a friend to do the free tour by Sandemans.Thinking about doing their Beer Tour,or can anyone recommend a Brewery Tour?

Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2,154 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brewery or Beer Tours

I've gotta' try Sandemans beer.

Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Prague
Level Contributor
3,015 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brewery or Beer Tours

It's worth a trip to Pilsen for the Pilsner Urquell brewery tour. It's a one-hour train ride from Prague, and the train station is right by the brewery.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,441 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Brewery or Beer Tours

yes the Plzen brewery is a great tour,but it is a nearer 1&3/4 hours on the train but still worth it, I have been there on 5 occasions so if you want details just ask.

The Staropramen brewery is Ok, not been on the tour for many years and it was a bit Industrial but not bad.

There are various beer tours and are good fun if you have a good group but you can visit lots of pubs on your own.

http://www.pivni-filosof.com/

this blog is a great mine of information, Max often graces us with his presence on the forum and his book Prague a Pissheads Pub Guide is essential reading and has some great suggested pub crawls.

There are some great Brew pubs inthe city.

Jihomentsky Pivovar, Klasterini Pivovar. Olgott brewey in U Medvidku and my new favourite place U Tri Ruzi.

Edited: 25 October 2012, 07:59
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
514 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brewery or Beer Tours

Unclegus gives Good Advice Above. Max has just Helped produce a Very Good New Beer. With Steel City Brewing. Gypsy Porter is Doing Very Well. By All Accounts. My Fav Praha Bar. Should not Be Missed, Zly Casy. Now Two Floors. Plus a Very Good Bottle Shop.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,441 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Brewery or Beer Tours

I missed the Gypsy porter by one day............... ONE DAY!

must get back to Zly Casy on my next trip

Elgin
Level Contributor
161 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Brewery or Beer Tours

Will definately look into the Pilsen Brewery Tour,if we deside to go we will be in touch Unclegus,had a look quick look at your friends blog,that beer looks like Rocket Full lol.

Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Brewery or Beer Tours

One of the best brewery's in Prag is Jihomêstský. At the end of the red metro line, Hajé.

Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Brewery or Beer Tours

http://www.jihomestskypivovar.cz/

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,441 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Brewery or Beer Tours

I cannot disagree with Jorgenf and I think my good friend Snydley will also say the same but I did mention it in my first reply.

Elgin
Level Contributor
161 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Brewery or Beer Tours

We go sun the 4th,looking forward to trying out the beer in the Brew pubs.Have taken note of them.

Cheers for the advice.