We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it okay to stay at Prague 8 ?

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
singapore
Level Contributor
456 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Is it okay to stay at Prague 8 ?

Hi,

We'll be in Prague over the new year's eve and managed to find an apt , but it is in Prague 8. The apt states that it is 200m from 4-star Hotel Olympik and 300m through paths with grass and trees to Metro stop. Is this a safe and convenient area to stay in ? Or should we stay at Prague 1 or Mala Strana instead ? Thanks

Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,942 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Is it okay to stay at Prague 8 ?

Thank you my dear Tilly :0)

Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Prague
Level Contributor
3,038 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Is it okay to stay at Prague 8 ?

Check out the Hotel Residence Mala Strana. They have apartments, it is in a nice, quite area near the center (Melnicka street) and it tends to be cheap. Several friends of mine have stayed there and were very satisfied. A much better choice IMO than the place you described in Prague 8.

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
95 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Is it okay to stay at Prague 8 ?

As I already said, the area around Olympic is not very charming. There are 2 music clubs just next to the Olympic, so the review could be based on an impresion of people visiting these clubs. If the appartment is in the block of flats around Invalidovna metro stop, you do not have to go the same way as to Olympic. The block of flats is a common Prague residental area. You do not avoid meeting drunk people during New Year´a Eve in the city centre as well as in suburb.

singapore
Level Contributor
456 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Is it okay to stay at Prague 8 ?

Hi,

Thanks all for your kind assistance :) By some luck, we managed to find a nice-looking apt in Prague 1 for 110 euros a night. We have confirmed the booking already, so happy !

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
95 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Is it okay to stay at Prague 8 ?

Good news. Enjoy your stay in Prague.

singapore
Level Contributor
456 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Is it okay to stay at Prague 8 ?

Thanks again for all your help ! Really appreciated it !

Cos i had so much difficulty as most requires a week stay or are around 200 euros a night.

I was quite inclined to stay at ibis mala strana if i didnt find this.

17. Re: Is it okay to stay at Prague 8 ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Prague