We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cafe Boulevade, Wenceslas Square

Adelaide
Level Contributor
4,621 posts
205 reviews
Save Topic
Cafe Boulevade, Wenceslas Square

It seems like this place has been ripping off tourists for some time now. When we were ripped off I couldn't wait to post a review here of our experiences. I was quite surprised to find that some 28 other contributors had already posted: all with the same or similar experience.

Reviews are here:

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g274707-d1…

The cafe doesn't seem to have a website, so there was no way I could tell them exactly what I thought of them. Now I know that the ripping off of tourists has sadly become something of a national pastime in Prague, but these guys have become exceptionally good at it.

I found a site that claims to be the official travel and tourism guide for Prague, and they had a "contact us" page.

praguewelcome.cz/srv/…

I've used it to lodge a complaint about this cafe, and pointed them to the reviews here on Trip Advisor. I don't know if it will do any good, but when there's a possibility that a local authority may take an interest in them, then it's worth the effort.

If anyone else here has had similar experiences with Cafe Boulevade, I'd appreciate it if you also write a comment. You'd be helping the cause and possibly benefiting other TA members contemplating a trip to Prague.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,540 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cafe Boulevade, Wenceslas Square

If that's the cafe on the corner of Vodickova and Vaclavske, it has been there for years and years....but maybe it changed ownership.

They can charge whatever they want, it's up to the customers to check the prices before ordering.

If you order a 'large' coffee at Obecni dum, you also pay 150 crowns...

Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,943 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cafe Boulevade, Wenceslas Square

I have been in there a few times and apart from the miserable staff I have never noticed anything unusual about the bill ,as Tilly says perhaps it has changed hands .

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
349 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cafe Boulevade, Wenceslas Square

Average price for a pint of Beer in the square is around 50 crowns. In this place its 140.........Scandalous.......Avoid at all costs !!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,843 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cafe Boulevade, Wenceslas Square

still not as expensive as the airport ,thats the biggest rip of place in the city 165Kc for a beer and no I did not pay for one there.Even cans of beer are crazy prices, 14kc for Kozel can in the Billa in the airport concourse lanside,60kc in the shops airside.........now that is real rip off.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,540 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cafe Boulevade, Wenceslas Square

Cafe Boulevard may be run by the people who own Cafe Bar Trinity, since

April 2011,....so that would now make sense......this place used to be okayish.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,743 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cafe Boulevade, Wenceslas Square

Airport was the cheapest meals I had!

188 K for two meals with drinks.

Didnt have a beer as was on way home

There is a canteen mainly full of airport workers and Police if you go

upstairs

Dearest beer I had was outside the Taurus

200K but it was a Litre of Kozel.

But a pint of Guiness in my local is £4.20

7. Re: Cafe Boulevade, Wenceslas Square

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 23 November 2012, 16:03
Adelaide
Level Contributor
4,621 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cafe Boulevade, Wenceslas Square

Write a review Goaway_12. Join the small band, now up to 32, that tried, hated,. and went on to warn others about this place.

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g274707-d1…

Scary part is: it's rated as No. 1197 of 1479 restaurants in Prague. Does this mean that there are almost 300 places even worse than this?

I shudder, and hope that's not the case.

Edited: 23 November 2012, 09:52
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,843 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Cafe Boulevade, Wenceslas Square

the reason there are 300 resturants rated lower is because these resturants are listed but have no reviews at the moment.

10. Re: Cafe Boulevade, Wenceslas Square

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 November 2013, 10:17