We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nebozizek to Castle District

Atlanta
Level Contributor
624 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Nebozizek to Castle District

I am trying to plan a day that would include 2-3 hours in the castle district and a meal at Nebozizek. How would I get from the castle district to the restaurant? Or from the restaurant to the castle district whichever is best? I know I can take the funicular to the restaurant, but then how would I get to the castle? Thanks for any help - trying to do it in one day's effort.

Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Prague
Level Contributor
2,261 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nebozizek to Castle District

just walk through the park to Vlasska or take the funicular to the top and walk along the path there, probably easier on the ankles especially in the winter

note that "During regular revisions is the furnicular out of order.spring: from 12 March until 30 March 2012, autumn: from 15 October until 2 November 2012. for reference next year info is not yet available

I would have a good look round the castle - Strahov monestry wander down the road the the Petrin tower, walk down to the restaurant have meal and then walk down to the main road and the catch the tram or whatever

Edited: 10 November 2012, 22:19
Atlanta
Level Contributor
624 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nebozizek to Castle District

That's exactly what I'm hoping to do. My problem is that I do not see any streets in Petrin Park that would lead to the restaurant. Are there streets there? Are there any signs that would point us in the right direction? If we go to the castle first, I assume the walk would be downhill? Thanks for any help on this plan!

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,978 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nebozizek to Castle District

I would take the tram up to the castle, do the sightseeing, walk down the old castle steps to Malostranska, take a tram to Ujezd, (funicular) and take the funicular up....I recall that it stops at Nebozizek before it reaches the top at Petrin...then it is barely 100 metres walk, and Nebozizek restaurant is signposted.

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
643 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nebozizek to Castle District

Keep the advice of Tejashombre and go there from Strahov Monastery,

direction "panorama view" what is on the courtyard of monastery and from the terrace is easy to see the street bellow you which goes to Petřín.

You can go also to the restaurant Petřínské terasy www.petrinsketerasy.cz , easy to go there from the end of Vlašská street and you can continue also to Nebozízek.

If you look the map of Prague and Petřín, the grey lines on the maps are the roads on the hill.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,978 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nebozizek to Castle District

Tejashombre said nothing so far:)

6. Re: Nebozizek to Castle District

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2013, 10:16