We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip to prague

Dubai
Level Contributor
209 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
trip to prague

hi everyone

i will be visiting prague from 29th dec to 2nd jan..

i need 4 star recommendations to stay in a good central location as well as some recommendations to spend the new yrs eve.. we are couple aged 30 and 32..

Canberra
Level Contributor
87 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trip to prague

Hi Tictactic

We just got back from a stay at the Hotel Century on Na Porici, right next to Republika Square, and about 10 minutes walk from Old Town Square, and another 10 to Charles Bridge. It's a really good hotel, and there's plenty of alternative dining options around, including upstairs in the shopping mall next door. My only complaint was the hefty charge for English language programming through the TV.

You can check it out at www.accor.com

Have a great time

Dubai
Level Contributor
209 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trip to prague

Thanks for ur response!! Will def check it out!!

Rumson, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,346 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trip to prague

Just back Wednesday from a four night stay at the Hotel Paris. Great location just a few blocks from Old Town. They have a good restaurant which will be active that night for a festive meal I'm sure. The squares and Charles Bridge will be active places to gather. A lot of clubs and pubs in the area.

Recommend you use Prague-airport-shuttle as we did. Chris is an ex-pat and has reliable info, you can get advise from him via email once you book a transfer. Have fun, trivia

Dubai
Level Contributor
209 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trip to prague

thanks tricia!!!

Dubai
Level Contributor
209 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: trip to prague

which is the main tourist area to stay at centrally located within the city?

Canberra
Level Contributor
87 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: trip to prague

Old Town Square is where you want to be. Absolutely heaving with tourists, and close to the action.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
665 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: trip to prague

We stayed at the Ventana Hotel in Old Town Square and we loved it! It's a beautiful hotel in a great location. I would highly recommend it.

Rumson, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,346 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: trip to prague

Can't imagine a better (or more crowded) place to be when the astronomical clock strikes midnight!! Place must go nuts! There is also a roof top restaurant across from the clock @ U Prince Hotel, which must be a favorite location that night. Charles Bridge will be busy (as will be the pick-pockets, so beware of that). Fireworks in the city may be Jan 1 instead of NYE. As for my recommendation for Prague-airport-shuttle make sure it's the ".com" site and not "cz".

Suffolk
Level Contributor
954 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: trip to prague

Old town square is amazing on NYE, we went a couple of years ago where was an entertainment stage, stalls, food and drink and the square cafes and bars have their outdoor areas all set up with heaters etc.

We stayed at the U Prince opposite the astronomical clock and were really happy to be right in the action, however we did find the roof terrace was closed in the evening due to the proliferation of random fireworks.

To get an idea of NYE in Prague take a look on YouTube! :-)

Dubai
Level Contributor
209 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: trip to prague

thank you so much for sooooooooooo many awesome responses!!