We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confused re bus from airport

Barnsley
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Confused re bus from airport

Visiting Prague for the first time next week and getting excited. Trying to work out how to get to Barcelo old town hotel from the airport but have found conflicting info!

Is it bus 119 to Metro line A, change at Mustek to line B Nameski Republisky or bus 100 to Zlicin then metro B to Nameski Republisky?

Thanks in advance!

Denise

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
37,615 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Confused re bus from airport

Both options are correct......cost the same, and takes about the same time.

Barcelo is top end of Celetna which is just off Namesti Republiky.

Simpler would be bus to Zlicin, no change on the metro. I don't like Mustek station for changing.

www.pragueexperience.com/maps/metro.asp

Zlicin line B

Devicka Line A

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,181 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Confused re bus from airport

I would take the 100 to Zilcin and then the metro, if you have just missed a 100 bus then worth doing it the other way to save you waiting but I would only do this if travelling fairly light.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,181 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Confused re bus from airport

I agree with Tilly about Mustek it is pretty confusing even for those of us that have used the metro system a lot.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
37,615 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Confused re bus from airport

.....and 32 crown ticket per person, and needs to be validated on the bus...use the same ticket on the metro without further validation.

There is a transport kiosk in the arrivals at Terminal 1 (non schengen countries) which is open until 9 p.m. get your tickets from them.,

Edited: 26 November 2012, 13:22
RI
Level Contributor
334 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Confused re bus from airport

Make sure you get the correct 100 bus. The one closest to the arrivals area is the right one, but there is another stand for a 100 bus about 100 feet further away. The one that is further away does say on the sign "no metro connection" or something similar, but the first time I missed that and thanks to a kindly local who shook their head and motioned me to get off the wrong 100 bus I then found my way.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
37,615 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Confused re bus from airport

There can't possibly be two 100 numbered buses run by Prague public transport which go to different locations.....100 bus does not go anywhere else but Zlicin metro.

The stop is on the right hand side as you cross the road in front of the arrivals (where taxi ranks are) and it is sign posted.

Barnsley
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Confused re bus from airport

Thanks everyone, especially Tilly. Will go for the 100 bus and Zlicin - sounds easier! x

Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Prague
Level Contributor
2,265 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Confused re bus from airport

hmmm the whole raison d'être of the 100 bus is to go to the Zlicin metro if it has no metro connection there is no reason for it to leave the airport...

Of course I may very well be wrong, not the first time.

RI
Level Contributor
334 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Confused re bus from airport

I will look again when I arrive this week, but I have seen it twice. Once I got on the bus before a local who saw me with my luggage waived me off, last year I walked down to see this other pick up spot while I was waiting for the bus to arrive in the correct place. But I could be wrong too.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
37,615 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Confused re bus from airport

You are the only one who's ever raised this issue, does not mean you are wrong, but it just does not make sense. 100 bus goes only through the airport terminal 1, 2, 3...and then to Zlicin metro...about 15 minutes.

Well go and have a look and let us know...