We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine need an Answer buy tomorrow morning

Haifa, Hefa, Israel
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Wine need an Answer buy tomorrow morning

Hey I'm leaveing Prague tomorrow and I'm looking for a nice place to buy good yet not to expensive cezch wine

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
40,212 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wine need an Answer buy tomorrow morning

I guess the nearest supermarket for you will be in Kotva, but do you really want to put the bottles in your suitcase?

or just buy a couple at the airport, won't be the cheapest but at least you will be able to carry it as a handluggage.

Mentioned in this post
Kotva
Kotva
65 Reviews
Prague, Czech Republic
Haifa, Hefa, Israel
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wine need an Answer buy tomorrow morning

I'm really not an alcohol drinker actually I don't drink at all so would you recomend anything good it's a present for my girlfriends perents they want something not sweet and red

Haifa, Hefa, Israel
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wine need an Answer buy tomorrow morning

Ow and cezch please

Florida
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wine need an Answer buy tomorrow morning

Your post is not exactly clear. You write "not sweet and red". Do you mean "a white wine and not sweet", or do you mean "a red wine, which is not sweet"?

Here are a couple really good choices of very famous Czech wines (and my favorites!).

For a red wine, which is not sweet, I prefer Svatovavřinecké (Saint Laurent is the name in Austria).

For a white wine, which is not sweet, I prefer Veltlínské zelené (Grüner Veltliner is the name in Austria).

These are both very good!

Mentioned in this post
Austria
Austria
Europe
Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,963 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wine need an Answer buy tomorrow morning

Lots of previous posts about wine .

www.tripadvisor.co.uk/SearchForums…

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
30,261 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wine need an Answer buy tomorrow morning

There is very little Czech wine - the vast majority is Moravian (although the Czechs would like to lay claim to it!)

The main area for Czech wine is Mělník - you could probably pick up a bottle for the equivalent of about €8.

Moravian wines are much more plentiful and basically you pay for what you get - look for wines from Mikulov, Znojmo, Bzenec, Valtice/Lednice for example. Avoid the very cheapest or you will be getting a bottle of vinegar.

Edited: 20 December 2012, 09:14
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
40,212 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wine need an Answer buy tomorrow morning

I think any white wine is drinkable as long as it is properly chilled.....

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
30,261 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wine need an Answer buy tomorrow morning

I can't drink wine at all as I have developed an allergy to it, but when I did I had some bad experience with cheapo white wine - and some of the red wasn't too great either.

Saying that though, one New Year we were at some do in a local pub and each table had a bottle of 'champagne' on it. The label said simply : 'obsahuje alkohol a bublinky', and it really wasn't bad.

Remember that stuff that used to come in litre bottles and you would almost cut your thumb off when removing the plastic cap (although they were very deft at removing them in bars)?

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
40,212 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wine need an Answer buy tomorrow morning

I don't remember PETs but cartons, but of course now being in a higher class , I buy anything costing about 70 crowns and preferably with a screw top.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
5 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wine need an Answer buy tomorrow morning

Moravia is part of the Czech Republic.

Mentioned in this post
Moravia
Moravia
Czech Republic