We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Hotel?

Greenwich...
Level Contributor
199 posts
233 reviews
Save Topic
Which Hotel?

I will be going to Prague in May with a friend. I would like to know which Marriott Hotel is nicer, closer to everything. The Prague Marriott, V Celinici 8, Prague or the Boscolo Prague Autograph Collection , Senovazne namesti 13/991 Prague.

Also what day trips should we do??

Thanks

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
39,159 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Hotel?

I don't know which one is nicer, but Marriott in V Celnici is a tiny bit closer to the centre, if you take the Old Town Square as being in the centre, but Boscolo is only about 5 minutes further...the location is pretty similar.

As for the day trips, what is your interest? There are a couple of castles, Terezin which is a former concentration camp, Kutna Hora and its Bone Church.....Karlovy Vary, even Cesky Krumlov can be done as a day trip.

All info is readily available on the web.

Arapahoe, North...
Level Contributor
3 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Hotel?

We loved Hotel Julian, which is within walking distance of Charles Bridge and all the sights of Old Town. The tram stop just around the corner will take you anywhere in the city, The staff was wonderful, rooms clean, quiet, and comfortable. On-site bar/restaurant is charming if you're too tired after a day of sightseeing to go back out for dinner. And the roof top terrace is wonderful. You can even have dinner or drinks sent up and enjoy the view of the Prague skyline at night. Go local! Skip the big-brand American hotels and enjoy the real deal.

Greenwich...
Level Contributor
199 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Hotel?

I am using my Marriott Points so the entire stay is free. Just wasn't sure which Marriott to stay in. I guess I want to be close to the Centre.

Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Prague
Level Contributor
3,211 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Hotel?

I have only been in the conference rooms and lobbies of each hotel and never stayed in either, but the two hotels are very different in style. The Marriott was built 15-20 years ago and looks like your typical Marriott found all around the world. The Boscolo was recently opened in a reconstructed building and is stunning from the outside, so by staying there you might get a bit more atmosphere.

And as Tilly pointed out, the difference in distance from each hotel to the center is really insignificant - you can walk from one to the other in five minutes or less.

Edited: 31 December 2012, 17:28
Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
643 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Hotel?

Boscolo is great building from 19th century, but I would prefer Marriot - V celnici for the stay in Prague. Better location and very easy public transport next to the hotel. Best regards H.

6. Re: Which Hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2014, 10:15