We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me pick a restaurant please?

Scotland
Level Contributor
185 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Help me pick a restaurant please?

Hi, I hope someone can help me?

If you had the choice, which of these restaurants would you go to for a special occasion? We are coming to Prague for the weekend in Sept for my husbands 40th & I'm not sure which restaurant to choose.

I'd love to go to Terasa U Zlaté studně but is it really worth it? 

Others I like the look of are:

- V Zatisi

-Svlata Klara

-Mlynec

Are there any others which would you recommend? Are there any near to our hotel (Mamaison Riverside)? Im looking for a romantic restaurant with attentive service that serves great food & wine & ideally I'd like somewhere that has a beautiful view over the city. Not bothered about price as long as it's worth it. Thanks very much! 

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,540 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help me pick a restaurant please?

Kampa park?

Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Prague
Level Contributor
3,041 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help me pick a restaurant please?

Another vote for Kampa Park, or its sister restaurant Hergetova Cihelna. Or Bellevue, which is in the same chain as Zatisi or Mlynec - it has a great view, as the name suggests. Other great restaurants with fantastic views are Aureole, Nebozizek, and Zlata Praha.

Here is a great resource for choosing restaurants (other than TA, of course):

www.grandrestaurant.cz/en-top-100/?lng=en

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,540 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help me pick a restaurant please?

Villa Richter for views, and then Pallfy Palac...for romance.

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help me pick a restaurant please?

I haven't been to U Zlate Studne but I've heard very good things. It's around the same prices as Kampa Park, also has views.

I had some foodie friends in from New York and they ate at Kampa Park and Bellevue. They told me they preferred Bellevue, but only a limited number of tables there have the view.

That's all I know

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
643 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help me pick a restaurant please?

All places mentioned above are interesting, not easy to make the choice. www.aureole.cz is quite new and if you don´t mind the price....

www.restaurantparnas.cz is also a good option if you like art-deco. Window table makes the visit better there.

Scotland
Level Contributor
185 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help me pick a restaurant please?

Thank you all. now I have even more choice to decide on... Argh!!! ;) I'm liking the look of Kampa Park best though.

Scotland
Level Contributor
185 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help me pick a restaurant please?

I've had a look at the reviews of Kampa Park & tbh there's a lot of negative comments about the service & attitude of the waiting staff so have decided against it. The front runners are now-

Bellevue

Zlatá Praha

My Hubby loves steak so also looking at Cowboys Steak & Cocktails.... It's so hard to decide as I really want it to be a special night!!

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,540 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help me pick a restaurant please?

Then perhaps also consider at U Zlate Studne.....

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g274707-…

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help me pick a restaurant please?

I wasn't impressed with Cowboy's in recent years. I'd say Bellevue

10. Re: Help me pick a restaurant please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2014, 10:18