We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Mala Strana

Wirral
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Airport to Mala Strana

Hi

We're going to the Hotel Atos in Mala Strana. How would we get ther by public transport?

many thanks

John

Bristol, UK
Level Contributor
1,380 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to Mala Strana

Go to the DPP public transport desk in the main arrivals hall and get a 32Kc ticket each. Take the 119 bus from outside, validating the tickets ONCE for the entire journey (inc. tram) in the yellow machine inside bus, to the terminus at Dejvika metro station.

Take the 20 tram from outside the station in the direction of Sidliste Barrandov (downhill towards the roundabout) for 7 stops and get off at the Ujezd stop. The Atos is a short walk from there.

Edited: 07 January 2013, 23:15
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,043 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to Mala Strana

Take a taxi.

Bristol, UK
Level Contributor
1,380 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to Mala Strana

In many other countries, especially the UK, I would say take a taxi too. However, in Prague the public transport is so cheap and regular that it's worth the little extra effort. Especially when you consider that Prague's taxis aren't exactly a bargain.

The Atos is a couple of doors away from my regular hotel, so I do this trip many times. With no waiting for the bus (most I've ever waited was 10 mins) and straight onto the tram, plus a following wind - I have done this trip in 30 mins door to door.

Where's the sense of adventure in a taxi? Save the £25 each way that you would have spent on a taxi and spend on something else, like beer. That's a lot of beer in Prague!

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,533 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport to Mala Strana

If you can afford it I would take a taxi...about £20....also depends what time you arrive, if late in the evening, and on your first visit...figure it out...

Wirral
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport to Mala Strana

Hi many thanks for the replies.

We're arriving around 10.00am and wanted to use public transport rather than the usual taxi or transfer service type travel

Many thanks again

John

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,533 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport to Mala Strana

OK, then take the public transport!

London, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport to Mala Strana

Hi John, I am staying at the Atos next weekend (I hope it is ok?!) How did you find the travelling there from the airport? Was it as straight forward as you expected? Any tips greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Bristol, UK
Level Contributor
1,380 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport to Mala Strana

If you follow the instructions in my post above, you shouldn't have any problems. The Ujezd tram stop is approx a 3 min walk from the Atos.

If in doubt you could book a shuttle from a reliable company like the one in the link below.

http://praguetransport.com/

Wirral
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport to Mala Strana

Hi

If you follow whitespirit66's directions it's no problem. The hotel is good, the pub next door that does food is ok but no better, there are other restaurant's not far away that are better. Easy walk into central Prague.

Enjoy your trip

John

London, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport to Mala Strana

Thank you, do we actually ask for a 32 Kc ticket or does it have a name? Sorry for my dumbness!

Instructions are very clear, thank you so much.