We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Location advice

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
Location advice

Hello,

My friend and I will be traveling to Reykjavik, Stockholm, and Prague in early September.

We are interested in staying some where within walking distance to the nightlife. However, we seek a more local vibe. And would prefer avoiding the touristy areas.

One of the rentals we are looking at is:

Biskupska Street. Prague 1. On the border of Old Town & New Town.

Kind Regards,

Tom

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
643 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Location advice

This place could be a good choice and compromise for your idea. Not so far from the city centre, trams + metro nearby. Night life - it depends on the place,but Republic Square ( Náměstí Republiky) about 5 - 10 minutes walking, Wenceslas Square ( Václavské náměstí) 15 - 20 minutes. Tram stop Bílá Labuť has also a night tram No. 52 working all night. Supermarket nearby ( Lidl - Bílá labuť),good local restaurants everywhere around.

Edited: 13 January 2013, 12:38
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,540 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Location advice

Agree with Hana...

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Location advice

Thank you both for the response. I am quite okay with walking. It's the best way to truly see a city right =)

Is there an area that would be best suited for us? Or perhaps even a recommendation as far as vacation rental/hotel?

Regards,

Tom

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
643 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Location advice

Every part of Prague has something...If you want to be close to nightlife, keep your first idea and stay somewhere around The New Town. What is the address in Biskupská street? It looks as a good choice for me. If you like modern design, recently opened: www.fusionhotels.com

5. Re: Location advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2014, 07:16