We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Residence Hotel or apt. rental with 1 smoker

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
61,236 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Residence Hotel or apt. rental with 1 smoker

Hi,

I am traveling with a friend who smokes. We have shared an apt. on another trip that had a small balcony where she could go out and smoke because I have asthma and smoke INSIDE would not be good for me!

Has anyone on this forum had any experience finding a Residence Hotel or apt. rental where there was a balcony or patio or garden or somewhere a smoker could smoke? I know that in other small hotels in Italy she has just opened a window and smoked outside the window but not sure this would work in Prague?

We don't usually share hotel rooms because of this issue.

Thanks for any ideas.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,533 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Residence Hotel or apt. rental with 1 smoker

Riffs, I was hoping 'somebody' answers....

There are hardly any hotels in Prague which are totally non smoking, meaning that there is usually somewhere you can smoke, bar, smoke room, reception.....,.there are some hotel rooms which have a balcony, but not that many and usually the top rate.

I stayed at Archibald Charles Bridge..(.the attic rooms are huge), and they are not bothered if you smoke from the window (draw the curtain behind you)

first)

Then I suggested U Raka...their 3 ground floor rooms open to the courtyard, a bench or a table with an ashtray is provided.

But neither of those above are residences, just a room and a double bed to boot, but if you are good friends, perhaps it will not matter, the quilts are always single ones.

Torii would know other places, maybe she'll drop in tomorrow.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
61,236 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Residence Hotel or apt. rental with 1 smoker

Thanks for the info. I don't mind getting separate rooms instead of an apt.

We will not share a bed for a whole week!

She would prefer an apt. because she likes coffee/bkfst in it but I don't care about that as long as I can get coffee somewhere nearby!!

We still have lots of time to look around as the trip is not until September.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,533 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Residence Hotel or apt. rental with 1 smoker

I know what you mean, your friend likes a coffee with a cigarette before she gets dressed and sits outside on the balcony.....I really don't know unless you pay a lot of money.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
61,236 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Residence Hotel or apt. rental with 1 smoker

Money is not really the issue here. Since we would be sharing the price can be fairly high!

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,533 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Residence Hotel or apt. rental with 1 smoker

Room 26 at Ventana - apartment actually

Pachtuv Palac...mainly apartments with full kitchens and washing/dryer machine...,sit outsite on the bench

Edited: 13 January 2013, 17:53
Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,943 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Residence Hotel or apt. rental with 1 smoker

I know the Metropol has a smoking floor (6th) ,so perhaps you could ask for one room on that floor and your room on another.

http://www.metropolhotel.cz/

7. Re: Residence Hotel or apt. rental with 1 smoker

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2014, 06:19