We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weekend in Prague

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
scotland
Level Contributor
58 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
weekend in Prague

I would like to visit Prague this Sept with three friends. The city looks beautiful however we are slightly put off as Prague seems to attract high numbers of Stag groups. Has anyone found this a problem? We would be visiting during the Sept holiday weekend. We usually like to book an apartment but I have noticed that many of the apartments sleep 8 or 9 in 2 bedrooms! Again suggesting they attract large groups. Would a hotel be a more suitable option?

We are a group of 40 plus women who like to sightsee, shop and generally soak up the atmosphere. We also enjoy good food and wine. Advice welcome

Thanks

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,043 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weekend in Prague

Stag groups may be encountered, but it would be unusual. They've moved to more Eastern and Northern cities.

I would always take a hotel over an apartment just because of the service. How many travelers in your group would affect the decision.

Edited: 24 January 2013, 05:24
Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
643 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weekend in Prague

If you want to be out of the crowds, you should be at Prague Castle in the afternoon, The Old Town + Charles bridge early morning. This is an "general" advice for the visit of Prague. I prefer hotel for the shorter stay, the appartement for the longer time.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,776 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: weekend in Prague

the only time you are really likely to find stag groups is if you get the Jet2 or Easyjet flights from Edinburgh. I have made numerous visit to Prague and the stags parties are a great deal less prominant than they were 10 years ago and as long as you stay away from the British/Irish bars and the "Adulr Enterrtainment" places than you will not even notice them.

Lincoln
Level Contributor
49 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weekend in Prague

I genuinely don't think i've ever seen a stag party in Prague in 7 years of going there! I've seen them at the airports, but maybe I just visit different places to them while in the City, who knows. I reckon you'll be fine, especially in September, I really do.

Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,942 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weekend in Prague

The last time I saw a stag party was in January 2000! Well actualy it was the loan Stag who had somehow got lost , it was -18 and he was not wearing much !

Edited: 24 January 2013, 09:34
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,776 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: weekend in Prague

I have seen a few at the beer festival every year but most would not get that far out of the city center.

7. Re: weekend in Prague

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Prague