We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Goulash Soup in Bread

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Midlands
Level Contributor
176 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Goulash Soup in Bread

Where would people suggest i try one of these dishes.

I have seen photos of them and i think they look great. Are they a meal on it's own or just a starter.

Thanks

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Goulash Soup in Bread

Had a great one at Staročeská Krčma up in Prague 6, it's located just a block over from U Veverky (the pub from the Beer Hunter episone). This place has a wood pit they cook their meats on, the goulash soup was served in a bread bowl and really good in my opinion. Lot's of great pubs within 15 minute or less walk up in Prague 6 just off the Dejvická roundabout.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
Level Contributor
14,967 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Goulash Soup in Bread

It would be a meal

Many places have it. Whereabouts are you staying?

Edited: 19 February 2013, 05:20
Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Prague
Level Contributor
3,002 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Goulash Soup in Bread

I think most Potrefena Husa restaurants have it on the menu. There are a bunch in Prague.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,345 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Goulash Soup in Bread

I have had it in quite a few places, it really is superb,ideal lunch time dish.

Midlands
Level Contributor
176 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Goulash Soup in Bread

I will be staying at the mamaison pachtuv palace

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Goulash Soup in Bread

Pod Sloncem.

Krackow

I have visited Krackow several times and this place is my first stop for the dish in question. Wish I know how to make the beard.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,345 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Goulash Soup in Bread

try some of the Polish shops in your area (if any) my nephew got some bread in one of the Edinburgh Polish shops which was ideal for this.His version of the dish was not bad at all.

Marchwiel, United...
Level Contributor
530 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Goulash Soup in Bread

Had some this evening in andel. Just opposite the apple shop, a few doors down from tgi Fridays. It had a nice heat to it but not spicy. And the bread was amazing, think it was 79/89kc well worth it and staff were brilliant except for one really annoyed waiter. Who took a dislike to us because we were in a group. Not really noisy and certainly not being ignorant. Small price to pay for lovely food.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Goulash Soup in Bread

Thank you very much I will take a look.

10. Re: Goulash Soup in Bread

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 December 2014, 05:16