We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Day In Prague, Practical?

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
353 posts
164 reviews
Save Topic
First Day In Prague, Practical?

Hi I have just finished devising a route/itinerary for my first day in Prague (30thMarch2013).

I am hoping it will go something like this:

Land 10:15am from the UK, transfers to hostel (on Melantrichova), drop bags and be in Old Town Sqaure for 11:45am and watch the Astronomical Clock at 12pm then go up the Tower, then at around 12:30pm begin the statue walk I have planned beginning with 'Hanging Out', then walk down Melantrichova and visit the Wax Museum and then continue onto Rytiirska and view the two sculptures there, after walk to Wenceslas Sqaure and to Lucerna Shopping centre to view the Horse Sculpture (still unsure how to get here from the sqaure) After walk to The Church of St Cyril and Methodius on Ressolva and spend some time there before walking up the side of the river, stopping at Na Zibrodli Theatre to view the Embryo sculpture before crossing Charles Bridge and going up the Bridge tower, once on the other side a quick detour to Kampa Park to view Cerny's Giant Babies and then continue the walk past the Narrowest Street In Prague, up past the Kafka Museum to see the 'Peeing Men' and finish up at Letna Park to take some photos from the pavillion. In the evening I might visit Kriziks Fountain depending how I feel.

I am hoping to arrive at Letna Park for around 5-5.30ish.

So does it sound practical and walkable? Anymore suggestions on statues/sculptures? Is there anywhere, where I may need public transport, any other small quirky things in any of the areas?

Thank you, suggestions are welcome.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
Level Contributor
15,004 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Day In Prague, Practical?

not public sculptures but stautes...one of my favorite photo ops/ places to meander in Prague

Olsany cemetery @ Flora

lonelyplanet.com/czech-republic/prague/sight…

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
353 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Day In Prague, Practical?

Thanks for the suggestion if I beleive correctly it is located near the Zizkov TV tower? and the day I plan to go to the tower I actually have some free time beforehand which I could use to visit this cemetery as it does seem a beautiful, thought provoking place.

Thank you tejashombre :)

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,342 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: First Day In Prague, Practical?

it is an amazing cemetary and quite possibly the biggest I have been in , lots of areas where ivy has taken almost complete control.

Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,936 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Day In Prague, Practical?

Lucerna is easy to get to..

When you are at the bottom of the square looking up towards the museum you will see Vodičkova on your right hand side, just walk up there and you will see it on your left hand side .

www.lucerna.cz/home.php?switchlanguage=CZ

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
353 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First Day In Prague, Practical?

Yeha the cemetery does look a good place of interest and will definetley try and visit on the days I am in the area, thanks torii that was really helpful, I couldn't seem to find the exact location on google maps.

Do you know if from Lucerna to Ressolva where the church is within a reasonable walking distance, I also plan to stop at the restaurant U Ceskych Panu (which I beleive is on the way to Ressolva) for a late lunch I really want to try the beef chilli goulash served in bread and it looks a nice little place :)

6. Re: First Day In Prague, Practical?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2014, 05:16