We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chinese Restaurants Prague

massachusetts usa
Level Contributor
196 posts
Save Topic
Chinese Restaurants Prague

Hi Prague experts, we would appreciate any recommendatios for Chinese/Vietnamese & Vegetarian restaurants. We will be staying near the main train station, but going all over Prague. Reasonable price is appreciated

Thanks

qquubbic

Bristol, UK
Level Contributor
1,380 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chinese Restaurants Prague

You didn't mention Indian, but this small chain of informal veggie restaurants serves up some authentic and unthreatening offerings. It's good value, especially if you go for the set 2 or 3 course menu on a partitioned tray.

Meat and alcohol free - these restaurants are unusually virtuous for Prague. Enjoy!

http://www.beas-dhaba.cz/

I may be wrong, but the many Chinese restaurants aren't up to much. There may be a good one - perhaps someone else knows it.

Edited: 25 March 2013, 17:50
Florida
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chinese Restaurants Prague

Oh, I wish I could remember the name, but a month ago I ate some great, reasonably-priced Chinese food. It is right off Tylovo Namesti (metro station I. P. Pavlova) on a non-descript street (about half a block from the square and a Pizza kiosk). And about two door away in a nice sushi restaurant.

I have visited Prague since school days in the 70's, so I know it by heart, and just get to where I'm going. I just wish I could remember the name of that Chinese restaurant. Oh, many of the patrons are local Chinese and Vietnamese!

Miami, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
5,558 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chinese Restaurants Prague

You could try the Buddha Bar restaurant inside the lovely Buddha Bar Hotel:

http://www.buddha-bar.cz/en/home

Miami, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
5,558 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chinese Restaurants Prague

I was also going to recommend Essencia at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel but not sure/doubt it meets your 'reasonable price' criteria.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
Level Contributor
16,733 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chinese Restaurants Prague

if you are up for an adventure, there is what is called Little Hanoi....a Vietnamese community within a shopping area/ old warehouse district among loading docks.(called SAPA) ...the shopping is not great but if you want real Pho, this is where you should take a visit to....the grounds are so big, they have their own temple, kindergarten, nail salons, haircut places on site....the key is to eat where the employees are eating at...not where the spots have photos of the food-that is for tourists.

http://www.spottedbylocals.com/prague/sapa/

expats.cz/prague/…

I'd skip the Chinese food as well....usually managed by Vietnamese anyway

Edited: 25 March 2013, 19:50
Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chinese Restaurants Prague

"It is right off Tylovo Namesti (metro station I. P. Pavlova) on a non-descript street (about half a block from the square and a Pizza kiosk)."

Maybe it is the "Chinese Fast Food" plance near Tylovo namesti 1, Praha 2, Prague, Czech Republic

Florida
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chinese Restaurants Prague

This is not a fast food place. It is a rather nice restaurant (with the sushi place a couple doors away.

Look at this map: http://www.tylovonamesti.cz/mapa/

The street in question is Belehradska.

I found this link for the sushi restaurant (Baifu): waymarking.com/waymarks/WMEZ5B_Running_Sushi…

The above link mentions the Chinese restaurant next door.

So, there's your answer. (It really is good, trust me. No tourists go there.)

South Bend, IN
Level Contributor
21 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chinese Restaurants Prague

If you like Thai food, the Bangkok Thai is just over the Charles Bridge on the castle side. It was so good, we went their twice in our 4 days stay. Best Thai food we ever had.

Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Prague
Level Contributor
3,117 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Chinese Restaurants Prague

There is a great new Vietnamese restaurant called Ocean Blue on Arbesovo namesti in Prague 5 - Smichov, not far from the Andel metro stop (or the Novy Smichov shopping center).

In any case, if you are in Prague, you should go to an authentic Vietnamese restaurant, since the Vietnamese are the main ethnic minority in the country. Most of the "Chinese" restaurants are run by Vietnamese because they thought people only wanted Chinese food. But now they are realizing that Czechs like their food, so many are opening Vietnamese restaurants.

Oh, and definitely go to SAPA. It really is another world.

10. Re: Chinese Restaurants Prague

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2014, 05:16