We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confusing names for B&B and Hotel

Kensington
Level Contributor
337 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Confusing names for B&B and Hotel

I have contacted Aracadia residences for an opening in September. They had none for my travel days. I then noticed a B&B with a similar name and different street address. It seems they both have the same email and web address though. I have tried to follow up with the owner of the Arcadia residences to see if both the Hotel and B&B are indeed owned by the same people. There must be a language problem, because he did not answer my question. I sent these links to him also. I wanted to stay in one of these places , but it seems difficult to determine if the B&B is full also.

Is this odd?

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g274707-d612009…

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g274707-d655299…

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
Level Contributor
16,952 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Confusing names for B&B and Hotel

try looking at previous posts...

in the search box above, simply type in Arcadia and previous posts will pop up..possibly some other posts will help.

by all means, don't rely just on TA reviews...check other sources

IMO, if they don't reply or don't do so in a timely fashion....I'd move on..there are lots of other choices.

This is just one of many services

http://www.prague-city-apartments.cz/

Edited: 08 April 2013, 06:46
Kensington
Level Contributor
337 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Confusing names for B&B and Hotel

I never rely just on TA. Yes, the owner of Arcadia Residence did reply, but did not answer my question. I will not stay there,but I just was wondering how the owner had two ? establishments as #1 in two categories. Except for the street address they seem to be one in the same.

farmington Hills MI
Level Contributor
686 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Confusing names for B&B and Hotel

I stayed at the Arcadia Old Town which is indeed in Old Town. They are apartments that includes breakfast so listed under B and B.

The Arcadia residence is indeed by the same owner but in a different location-not in Old Town-also apartments with breakfast. Not sure why he didn't answer your question.

We had a wonderful experience at the Arcadia Old Town last year.

Edited: 11 April 2013, 00:14
Kensington
Level Contributor
337 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Confusing names for B&B and Hotel

Thanks you chick-b.

When I wrote to try to reserve for the Residences in September, he said he was full. I then wrote back to say I was confused as there seemed to be two different places. When I sent to links to both reviews to try to clarify what I met, he did not answer. I do think it was language problem originally. Anyway since he never wrote back about a reservation in Old town B&B, I decided to forget it.

5. Re: Confusing names for B&B and Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2014, 07:17