We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Major changes to Beer Festival

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,545 posts
Save Topic
Major changes to Beer Festival

http://www.ceskypivnifestival.cz/

not got an English version tom the new website as yet but hopefully soon.

I can see quite a lot of major changes.The mian ones are................

Looks like they are charging to get in 90kc but this includes a beer, not sure if you can get re-entry at no extra charge.

The layout is very different and much better in my opinion.seems to be a "Citadel" set up, one main entrance via the main tent which then leads out into a Beer Garden area and across from there 3 smaller tents which will be the variety area, looks very good,there is also a music area and a special VIP area where you can pay fair bit extra to lord over the rest of us that will not be paying to get in the VIP area.

I can't quite work out if the Tolars will still be used but they seem to be ofering a sort of smart card you can load up and use for food and drink.

I have not ben able to work out if 1 litre bers are only available in the Big tent or if 500ml beers are available everywhere.

Still it looks pretty good to me, not entirely happy about entrance fee but if it allows re-entry then I will be reasonably happy.

Hopefully I have got it right.

maybe someone can help translate and put the right info out there.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
39,152 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Major changes to Beer Festival

During the weekdays up to 2 pm. entry is free, any other time the fee is 90 crowns which includes 1 tolar worth 45 crowns. Children up to 15 and elderly over 65, no charge at any time.

Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,955 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Major changes to Beer Festival

Still enjoying the sun Tilly ??? :0)

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
39,152 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Major changes to Beer Festival

Thanks for asking.,,.yes in a major way:)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Major changes to Beer Festival

Based on past experience, would you recommend booking a place in advance? Or can you pretty much just show up without issues?

Edit - by this I mean, booking for the beer festival, as I saw on the website there is a section to reserve in advance

Edited: 28 April 2013, 18:07
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,545 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Major changes to Beer Festival

just turn up, this will be my 5th festival and though on some nights it has been very busy,i have never had a problem getting a table. The friday and staurday nights will be the busiest, and the weekday afternoons so quiet you will be able to play football inside the tents.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Major changes to Beer Festival

Thanks so much!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,545 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Major changes to Beer Festival

what dates are you in the city.I am at the festival from the 23rd-30th may,should be in the variety tents most evenings and will have an Unclegus tag around my seating area if you want to join me for a beer anytime.

Prague
Level Contributor
464 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Major changes to Beer Festival

Well, there's me not going there anymore. Even 1CZK is too much of an admission fee to pay for something that., as far as I'm concerned, as failed to impress me. Though, to their credit, I kind of like the new layout, much better than last years.

I might still drop early one day. I still have a few tolars to spend from last year.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,545 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Major changes to Beer Festival

I do like the new layout but am not happy about admission charges,they tried that for the very forst Beer Festival and it didn't work well.This new "Credit Card" might cause a lot of problems too as but as long as we can use tolars along with the Credit Card then i can live with that.

I do hope they allow re-admission becaise I certainly don't want to pay fro 2 visits in one day.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Major changes to Beer Festival

I will be in Prague towards the end of May as well, probably will try to check out the festival on the 27th. Perhaps I will see you there. Thanks again for the advice!