We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kutna hora mesto to h.l.n.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
36 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Kutna hora mesto to h.l.n.

I have a train ticket going to Kutna hora mesto, but I want to get off at h.l.n first to see the bone church /ossuary. Will I have to switch trains from mesto? If yes, how much is the ticket? Thanks in advance.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,533 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kutna hora mesto to h.l.n.

Not sure which train you are looking at, but direct trains to Kutna Hora or with a change in Kolin ,stop in

the main railway station (hl.n.) first, so even if you wished to continue to mesto, you would have to change trains in the main railway station.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
15,830 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kutna hora mesto to h.l.n.

Whether you have a change in Kolin or a direct train to KH you will need to depart at Hl. N and take the smaller /local train one stop to Kutná Hora,Sedlec. Your ticket will cover it. (takes 2-4 mins). KH

The train into town is almost always on the first track near the depot..only about 2-3 wagons long.

If you don't have mobility issues, you can walk if the weather permits.

Also, there is a local bus that can get you to Sedlec-in front of the depot

In any case, walking or by train to Sedlec-simply follow the other tourists who depart the train.

Direct or via Kolin is about an hour-so you can time your arrival. I've seen tourists chatting on the train not realizing they were in KH and had to tell them to depart.

Sacramento,Californi...
Level Contributor
375 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kutna hora mesto to h.l.n.

We are coming from Prague and want to see the Ossuary. Do we take the train to Kutna Hora Sedlec? Where is the Kutna Hora hl.n? Is Kutna Hora Sedlec same as Kutna Hora hl.n.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,847 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Kutna hora mesto to h.l.n.

take the train to the main station Hlavni,the ossuary is about a 10 minute walk( about 1kilometer) from the train station,the main town is a further 2 kilometres from there,walkable for me and I have done it a few times but there are local buses ,you can get a taxi or the ossuary sometimes runs a shuttle if there are enough folk to use it. I have only ever walked as I quite enjoy that.

Sacramento,Californi...
Level Contributor
375 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Kutna hora mesto to h.l.n.

Is the main station Hlavni same as Kutna Hora Hl.N station? What about going to Kutna Hora Sedlec station then walk to Ossuary?

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,533 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kutna hora mesto to h.l.n.

kutna hora hl. n is the same as hlavni.....just get off and walk.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,830 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kutna hora mesto to h.l.n.

"Is the main station Hlavni same as Kutna Hora Hl.N station?" YES

What about going to Kutna Hora Sedlec station then walk to Ossuary?yes, it is possible..after you change to the small train, it is only 1 stop

look at Google map you can get the idea from train stop to Sedlec about 600 yards

Edited: 19 March 2014, 22:03
Sacramento,Californi...
Level Contributor
375 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Kutna hora mesto to h.l.n.

So either way we can get off at Kutna Hora HI N then walk to Ossuary about 10 minutes or get off at Kutna Hora Sedlec and walk 10 minutes. thanks

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,533 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kutna hora mesto to h.l.n.

If you are coming from Prague, Kutna Hora Hl n is on the main line,,,to get to Kutna Hora SEdlec you will have to change trains..there is no point in doing it.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,830 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kutna hora mesto to h.l.n.

if going on SAT. and it is nice weather get to the train early... or in this rare case you could pay a little extra for first class...KH is a popular destination on the weekend and the train can turn into standing room only (just an an hour travel time in the event you do have to stand)

FYI, Saturday and Sunday schedules are a little different

Reading the Timetable on line or the placards at the station ..symbol next to train #

X (or two crossed hammers) – Weekdays only

Edited: 21 March 2014, 08:46