We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Area to stay in prague

Manly, Australia
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best Area to stay in prague

Hi, I hope someone has some ideas...

Im just wondering what the best/safest areas in prague are to stay in Something that is safe & easy to get to tourist attractions and not out of the way...

Im a single woman (39) traveling on my own and dont want to pick a hotel that is in a not so great area.. I dont plan on being out till 3am, but would like to know if i come back to my hotel at 9pm ill be ok.....Ill be in prague from the 21st may... Iv been looking at the Novotel near Wenceslas Square,as it says its near the city center...But have found cheaper options ,although not near Prague 1,which iv heard is the better place to stay...

Mentioned in this post
Wenceslas Square
Wenceslas Square
1,979 Reviews
Prague, Czech Republic
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Penzance, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Area to stay in prague

The Novotel is a fair walk from the old town (and a 10 min walk from Wenceslaus Sq). It's in a quiet area with not much happening at night. However the No 22 tram goes from more or less across the street and will take you very close to Charles Bridge and the old town. The same tram will take you direct to Prague Castle without having to change. The IP Pavlova metro is in the same place as the tram stop.

After midnight (not that we were out after midnight) the tram changes to a No 55 night tram on the same route.

Mentioned in this post
Charles Bridge
Charles Bridge
57,895 Reviews
Prague, Czech Republic
Prague Castle
Prague Castle
27,818 Reviews
Prague, Czech Republic
Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,963 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Area to stay in prague

Prague is very safe and compact , I have been traveling to Prague for years and now my daughters travel there too and we have never had any problems what so ever.

It would help to know your budget and date of stay and for how long .

If you put solo traveller in the search box above you will get many posts asking just the same.

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,298 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Area to stay in prague

kerrianne,

I'm a female traveling with a teenager and we visited this beautiful city in March. We stayed at the Maximilian Hotel and I really liked the area (and the hotel!). The streets are clean, safe and quite pretty. A nice walk to the Old Town Square, the Spanish Synagogue and the Charles Bridge. Some very good restaurants nearby.

We walked around after 9 pm and it was fine. Pictures of some of the beautiful bldgs and doorways near the hotel are in my hotel review, linked here.

tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserReviews-g274707-d2754…

I don't know if the Maximilian has single rooms or if it's within your budget. Nearby, there are other options like Hotel Residence Agnes.

Edited: 09 May 2013, 17:22
Mentioned in this post
Maximilian Hotel
Maximilian Hotel
2,609 Reviews
Prague, Czech Republic
Old Town Square
Old Town Square
50,797 Reviews
Prague, Czech Republic
Charles Bridge
Charles Bridge
57,895 Reviews
Prague, Czech Republic
Hotel Residence Agnes
Hotel Residence Agnes
3,493 Reviews
Prague, Czech Republic
Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
136 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Area to stay in prague

Prague is among the safest cities in Europe. As a lone woman you really needn't worry about where you stay. So long as the hotel is near a tram or metro (and less so a bus, as they are far less comfortable), then you're good to go. Armed with this info you can now choose a hotel further from the centre, and spend the money you save on the hotel on nice meals, theatres, etc. :)

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Europe
Europe
World
Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
18 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Area to stay in prague

Everything on Prague 1, Prague 2, Prague 3 and Prague 5 (close to river) is within walking distance to tourist places... And safe as well...

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
6. Re: Best Area to stay in prague

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2014, 05:17